project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Vaporazor
Banned
Default THIS FUCKING MOD SUX

Originally from Warren:

Pretty amusing as to what I see here on these forums time and time again.

Players discuss their general disappointment and the flaws they see in their gameplay. Then a Dev or Moderator shows up and inserts some mildly witty simile or metaphor into the dialogue and adds a twist of insidious smile as each devoted forum-goer and/or player clings to the Titanic of hope praying that the next release will bring them salvation. But then again, have you been able to breath a sigh of relief in the past 4 years or more? I haven't.

Seems things haven't changed and every loyal and motivated player in Project Reality becomes exasperated for every attempt to preserve one of their most sacred realistic video gaming experiences. Do not be mistaken. The game of Project Reality itself and it's management team are not one in the same. People love the concept and ideals of Project Reality for the sake of providing realistic gameplay as implied in it's own name. The muck you get after it's been churned up, spun around and shot back at you every 6 months is hardly acceptable.

I have sympathy for the handful of men that cry out in vain for what once was one of the best Realism Mods out there. Sure, they can add more guns, more factions, more vehicles and whatnot. The gameplay fervor that we had in the past only had a fraction of the resources that the management team possesses now.

I'm convinced that PR itself has become nothing more than a tool for whatever agenda the higher ups and Black Sands Studios intends. A very amusing scenario where I am convinced if the management team had no longer submitted as many updates and versions, this game would die out in a matter of 2 years of neglect. But what can I say? That impending "fresh new release" of PR has to be the next best released ever right? Which just seems to be just so coincidental that a new release is said to come out right as the Mod of The Year award takes place and somewhere in the middle of summer it gets a little "stimulus package" again to keep PR's heart pumping.

It's no surprise though, as PR has become worse due to it's influx of a poor player base. Maybe you should ask the management team as to why when v0.8 came out, it was advertised in the "Message of the Day" pop-up screen when you log into Battlefield 2 so that any nine year old or smacktard had a direct link to this website and I kick myself for not getting a screenshot of it at the time.

When PR began, it practically was a society of Illuminati focused on Militaristic style gameplay. How can something like that persist when it's door were flung open? In the past, our devoted gamers had enough sense to only invite friends that they knew would contribute and/or deeply enjoy such a mod based on reality.

With that said, the PR experience has become nothing more than trying to pour buckets of water over a beached whale. You're entitled to your opinions, but this is mine which is based on observations over a long period of time.

"The only thing we learn from history, I am afraid, is that we do not learn from history."
- Ron Paul

Indeed so.

I agree every word of that.

THIS FUCKING MOD SUX BALLS, I'VE ALSO WAITED SALVATION SINCE 0.8 FOR FUCKING YEARS, BUT EVERY REALEASE, THIS SHIT TURNS INTO DEEPER SHIT. EVERY NEW RELEASE ADDS COUPLE NICE GUNS OR MAPS, BUT ADDS FUCKLOADS OF BUGS AND STUPID THINGS. DEVS CAN'T ACCEPT CRITIC, SO WHATS THE POINT ANYMORE? 0.75 WAS LAST OK VERSION, EVERYTHING AFTER THAT IS BULLSHIT. DEVIATION, USELESS ASSETS ETC. MAKE THE GAME TOTALLY -UNREALISTIC- AND UNPLAYABLE. THIS SHIT IS NOT ABOUT REALITY ANYMORE, IT'S ABOUT GETTING MUCH PLAYERS - THAT'S WHY BSS MAKE THIS MOD LIKE vBF2! THINK YOURSELF, DOES THIS MOD SEEM LIKE REALITY? THINK THINGS AS HOW MANY SHOTS ARE REQUIRED TO KILL? HOW ACCURATE ARE GUNS? HOW EASILY 1 INFANTRYMAN CAN FUCK UP A PLATOON OF TANKS? THINK ABOUT IT.

IM GETTING BANNED COS THIS SHIT, AND THE BEST THING IS THAT I DON'T EVEN GIVE A FUCK. COCKY MODERATORS ARE ALSO GONNA LOCK THIS THREAD BECAUSE THIS ISN'T ''POSITIVE FEEDBACK'', THE ONLY TYPE OF FEEDBACK THEY ACCEPT NOWDAYS. YOU HAVE TO PRAISE SHIT, SAYS DEVS. THEY CAN'T HANDLE GOOD CRITIC EITHER, SO THEY LOCK UP EVERY THREAD THAT HAS GOOD CRITICISM.

AND FINALLY, DEVS, DON'T FUCKING BLAME OTHERS, FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFETIME LOOK AT THE FUCKING MIRROR.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
cyberzomby

Default Re: THIS FUCKING MOD SUX

Quote:
IM GETTING BANNED COS THIS SHIT, AND THE BEST THING IS THAT I DON'T FIVE A FUCK.
Would be cool if you mod's punish this guy by not banning him and making him have an account on this forum against his will!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
ShockUnitBlack

Don't play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Limeni[BiH]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
Would be cool if you mod's punish this guy by not banning him and making him have an account on this forum against his will!

that would be cool. He should get some kind of a reward or something
Old 03-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Vaporazor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
Don't play.

Yep, I haven't for months. I just came here to told all of you the facts. This shit sux, don't cheat yourselves - I did it to myself for some time. Then I realized that my critic and feedback to DEVs are not gonna change anything, and this shit just sux forever. There will never be good release, this mod just sux even more.

Wheres my ban? Im waiting for it.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Thread poster awarded the PR Feedback of the Month award. Congratulations We're not going to ban you; we're just going to make you hate the fact that your account's still active.

When we want to know what a 16 year old's perception of what actual warfare looks like, we (1) won't be consulting a Finnish kid, and (2) might bypass this thread. For all the gobbing off, it's funny how you had other accounts.

Do take care not to run with sharp objects.

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
KP
Retired Moderator

Congratulations on your award!

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
Old 03-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
We're not going to ban you; we're just going to make you hate the fact that your account's still active.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Nosferatu
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via ICQ to [R-DEV]Nosferatu

Quote:
When PR began, it practically was a society of Illuminati focused on Militaristic style gameplay. How can something like that persist when it's door were flung open?
Your bravery and unmatched skill in using THE HOLY POWER OF BOLD CAPSLOCK rocked my world.
We should definitely bring up your points in our next supersecret Illuminati military circlejerk session.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Oh, are you bringing the cake this time?

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Closed Thread

Tags
fucking, mod, sux