project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
27 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #51
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Cache spawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1031 View Post
This would be a good idea except the entire insurgent team can just stay in main base or no where near the cache. Therefor the cache would never be found on a map like Gaza if it is in one of the T shaped buildings.
You could argue that the same thing could happen right now. The insurgent team could just let the first of the caches go down (the known), sit in base all round and the blufor would have a very hard time winning. That happens pretty often right? No? People come to PR to have firefights?
Quote:
What if you had the cache marker get progressively smaller as you gained more intel. Say it starts out over an extremely large area and every x amount of intel points you gain it gets smaller.
Pogoman's insurgency implementation on ARMA was quite interesting. The first piece of intel was like a 250m marker, then you'd get another 200m marker in the vicinity, then a 150m x 2 or 3, then 100m I think. So basically if you got two markers and with a bit of visualizing, you could pretty much knock off big chunks of where the cache could be. If pogoman didn't mind I'd love to see that implementation in PR:BF2 as it works much better IMO than the current "oh the cache is pretty much on that red marker"

[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #52
maniac1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
You could argue that the same thing could happen right now. The insurgent team could just let the first of the caches go down (the known), sit in base all round and the blufor would have a very hard time winning. That happens pretty often right? No? People come to PR to have firefights?
No but they can just stay away from the cache when fighting. Gaza if the cache is in the city you can just stay near the entrance and fight the idf there so the idf would never find the cache.
maniac1031 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #53
Brainlaag

Quote:
This would be a good idea except the entire insurgent team can just stay in main base or no where near the cache. Therefor the cache would never be found on a map like Gaza if it is in one of the T shaped buildings.

What if you had the cache marker get progressively smaller as you gained more intel. Say it starts out over an extremely large area and every x amount of intel points you gain it gets smaller.
I actually 2nd, sounds intersting or we just revert back to the old 150m? marker. As seen every day the cache markers currently are pretty much pinpointing the cache area and you don't have the fun finding it. Makes it way to easy for Blufor and every half-decent team will manage to win a INS round.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #54
KiloJules

The idea of "progressive intel" indeed sounds awesome...although i just don't know about if and how this could be transfered to PR:BF2.
For some guys here i am sure it would be easy to tell.

The current 50 m marker is too close in SOME maps and for SOME caches. If you get a 50 m marker on al basrah in one of those single desert huts/houses it is just sooo easy.
I would say with the "new" radius there are maps and caches that are horrible to attack,
others are no challenge at all.

E.g. Dragon Fly INS is awesome (cause i like the map itself and the insurgency mode maybe!?)
but a lot of the caches are pain in the a** for blufor. The caches in the (western) city, sitting in the apartement buildings, are really hard to get compared to let's say one of the river ones in fallujah or a before mentioned in basrah.

On Topic itself i guess:

I would love to see the unknown spawn disabled. Although it is really helpful in some situations, in the majority of matches a couple of guys just ruin the whole game for the other 30 people. We all know the drill...

In addition i just think about not even marking the purple one so precisely. Why not just let it tell the Ins team...your next cache is on the other side of the map in that general area. Maybe sth. like 100 m or so. I know it is not the best solution but i just hate it when the team holds up good on a blue and after a couple of min some guys spawn on purple, give it away and the team then hast to split up forces even though the blufor doesn't have the required intel yet.

This is not meant as a suggestion per se. Just tossing out the thoughts.

See you guys on the fields!
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #55
goguapsy

I found insurgency games so much funnier (for both sides) with the smaller radius. The fight is so much more concentrated, and the action is amazing, thus I feel the game is more intense and, for that reason, cooler. I never had issues with mortars owning everything, both playing as insurgent and BLUFOR.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #56
Anderson29
Supporting Member

might this problem become solved with the player number limit being raised? another problem i see is that there is hardly any transport for insurgents....what if there was a sever penalty for destroying random civi cars that havent been used for like 2 minutes or something, if possible....cuz u have to admit that it is a tactic of blufor to just go around destroying civi cars to make it hard for insurgents to move about the map.
another problem is that taliban can only request kits from cashes. could limited kits be requested from crates or hideouts too...or instead of the cashes?????

in-game name : Anderson29
xfire : Anderson299
steam : Anderson2981

Last edited by Anderson29; 07-04-2011 at 07:34 PM..

Tags
cache, spawning