project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #41
Nixy23

Default Re: Cache spawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I think the marker radius should go back up to what it used to be (150m iirc) mainly because of the addition of mortars. Currently, the coalition doesn't even require eyes on the cache location before they begin to spam it with mortars. And, it was fun for both teams when the coalition actually had to search an area for it.
And how will changing the marker radius to 100 or 150 meters help? This is still a rather small area in-game, and chances are it will only cover one or two possible spawn locations. If the BLUFOR already know the possible locations from experience, it still isn't going to matter.

It will only work if there are numerous new spawn locations, or when it is possible for the insurgent commander to select the next cache location himself. That way you can actually -hide- the caches in a building, instead of it spawning in the middle of the street in some random bush, where a Kiowa or tank/APC can take it out from 600m away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*NwA*Nixy23

Visit us at the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

Nixy23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #42
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy23 View Post
And how will changing the marker radius to 100 or 150 meters help? This is still a rather small area in-game, and chances are it will only cover one or two possible spawn locations. If the BLUFOR already know the possible locations from experience, it still isn't going to help.
Well the difference in search area between 40 and 150 meter radii is 14x larger (5000ish sqm vs 70000 ish sqm) which means that the area can encompass many more potential cache locations, particularly around the perimeter.

This is moot on maps like kokan where if the marker is on the ne of the map, you know it is in one of a handful of buildings, although the 150m marker would mitigate this effect considerably if it showed 140m south of that ne compound.
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:21 AM   #43
Nixy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
Well the difference in search area between 40 and 150 meter radii is 14x larger (5000ish sqm vs 70000 ish sqm) which means that the area can encompass many more potential cache locations, particularly around the perimeter.

This is moot on maps like kokan where if the marker is on the ne of the map, you know it is in one of a handful of buildings, although the 150m marker would mitigate this effect considerably if it showed 140m south of that ne compound.
That still works in two ways. In that example of Kokan there's a possibility there's multiple compounds within the 150m radius, if you place the marker 'correctly' in between them. You'd have to completely re-design the marker placement system though, to virtually make it -appear- as though the possible cache is on the edge of those 150 meters. This in turn completely negates the larger radius of the marker again, because the cache will be 125-150m away from the marker in either direction in those situations, and most likely not closer.

In a city map like Ramiel, Fallujah, Karbala or Al Basra it would work better though. 150m there is a pain to wade through in all directions in the urban area's. Then again, if the cache spawns in one of the more open locations of those maps it's not going to be hard to find it, once again.

Though keep in mind that Insurgency as it is right now will be changed severely once the UAV's are back online. The commander would only have to let the drone fly in the target area and spot the building with the largest number of hostiles. Voila, cache found.

*NwA*Nixy23

Visit us at the
!

Nixy23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #44
badmojo420
Supporting Member

We've had a larger cache marker radius in the past, and it worked better from my experience.

And In my opinion, the working UAV will only increase the need for a larger radius. Because like the mortars, with the current system the commander wouldn't have much trouble placing the UAV on top of the cache location first try.

I would rather have the commander find the cache because he saw insurgents running around it. At least then it involved some human interaction. And it is something that can be avoided by insurgents hiding from the potential UAV presence.

I really liked the UAV as insurgents, it forced you to actually hide from the 'eye in the sky'. I can't wait for it to be fixed.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #45
Rissien
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Skype™ to Rissien

Not like they really hide anyways, still spawning at unknowns. Had one given away at docks on Ramiel last night, we were just passing by on our way north and I spotted two Insurgents running to the town.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #46
cheesus182

Well you need to look at it from both teams.

Surely if you would remove the unknown and only make it be one cache at a time it would make a more focused battle but it would take too long + if you have a unorganized team your completely screwed because lonewolves will start trying to take out the cache and will obviously fail misserably.

The coalition usually loses on INS anyway except of if they have a well organized team and the other team is a bit rubbish.

So if the coalition is able to split the defense of the insurgents then I think this is a fair matter seing as it is ridiculously difficult to attack one cache at a time with your entire team being slaughtered by grenade traps, roofs full of enemies and the never ending respawning of the enemies.
cheesus182 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #47
Ahzrukhal

Here is what the current tactic is on PR as far as the Insurgents go:

Do not spawn on the unknown, because it will give it away.
-Seems logical, and makes perfect sense.
-If you aren't there, they will not know where it is, thus the Blufor will go about their marry way.

Let's think about it more critically.

In my experience on TG and Hardcore, the cache locations are already known. They are known way before the match even spawns. The game is limited. The spawns need to be changed. We are already memorizing the cache locations. I have heard form many people when i complain about cache hunting/camping. They all say to complain to the DEVS because its a game limitation.

All of the insurgent maps needs to be updated so the caches are not in the same area anymore because everyone is memorizing them and since we get yelled at and warned by admins for spawning on the unknowns, the Blufor comes and takes an "unknown" cache out.

I just played a game of Karbala. We had a known cache for the entire game. The unknowns were getting taken out left and right. I spawned on a unknown, DID NOT MOVE off of the physical cache, and it got searched by the blufor and destroyed.

"Well how did they know it was there? It must be because of the guy who spawned on it." NO!
It did not make a difference whether i spawned on it or not, the blufor was already enroute to check that area for the cache.

I am asking the Developers to fix this issue, because only they can truly fix it. Give us new cache spawns, or dont, and i will write them down, and every squad i am leader of will check every cache spawn that is not the known. We will win. and the insurgents will loose, because that is they way the game is.

I have debated this with Hardcore clan and inside TG server. H and TG all tell me to complain to the devs, not the admins, because its the way the game is. FIX IT PLEASE!
Ahzrukhal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #48
Total_Overkill

While i agree with you Ahzrukhal, theres just 1 quibble i have.

The cache locations have not been "memorized" . The "new" spawn coding that was implemented is broken, to the point where once blufor have 2 intel markers, a simple math equation can give them the locations of every cache that spawns after...

Yes, maths broke PR... >.<
Total_Overkill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #49
Bufl4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Overkill View Post
Yes, maths broke PR... >.<
This. The more caches blufor destroys, the easier it is to guess where the next one will be. It has been coded that way unfortunately.
But even if we didn't know the math behind it, the number of possible cache spawns is finite. It doesn't take a lot of effort to search most of them.

One possible solution would be to have only one cache at a time, or to give the insurgent team the ability to deploy caches at a location of their choosing, which could easily be abused however.

Or as others have mentioned, get rid of the intel point system and have blufor locate caches through pure recon and observation. With the possible return of the UAV, this wouldn't be so hard.
Bufl4x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #50
maniac1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufl4x View Post
Or as others have mentioned, get rid of the intel point system and have blufor locate caches through pure recon and observation. With the possible return of the UAV, this wouldn't be so hard.
This would be a good idea except the entire insurgent team can just stay in main base or no where near the cache. Therefor the cache would never be found on a map like Gaza if it is in one of the T shaped buildings.

What if you had the cache marker get progressively smaller as you gained more intel. Say it starts out over an extremely large area and every x amount of intel points you gain it gets smaller.
maniac1031 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cache, spawning