project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #31
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Default Re: Cache spawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post
I don't think removing the spawn is the way to go. If the cache is there you should be able to spawn there. I think the bigger problems are players' awareness -or the lack of it- of them exposing the unknown cache and the cache locations' predictability.
Exactly. Even if we have to deal with noobs or selfish players, the unknown cache locations are easy to figure out. So if we make the unknown unspawnable on the other side of the map with barely any trans, it's quite a stepback. If we do allow to continue the way it is now, it will be revealed by mostly newbies (as I'm pretty sure they represent the most part). Adding more cache locations is an option but not one that doesn't fight the "logical" aspect that if x was destroyed in this region, then y will spawn in the opposite pole of the map.

The latter is hard to fight against since we don't want caches to spawn close to each other. But what if this is exactly what we need?

This idea was probably presented in the past but here it goes: at every spawn there will be 2 caches like now, the difference being that they're close to each other around 100/150 meters. The objective for Blufor is to destroy those 2 caches that represent one group, then another group of 2 caches are spawned - it can be up to out of 4 or 5 groups for Blufor to be victorious. When Blufor gets enough intel points, the group is revealed to them - in this case, those 2 caches turn blue at the same time.
INS don't give intel points to Blufor when they spawn on the group of caches with the "unknown" status - after all it's the only one in the map. Otherwise it would be idiotic.

This would also allow for INS to focus all their team into one region and we can all have that massive and intense battle we so much drool for. Most importantly, Blufor would have to work together massively in order to achieve this purpose, rather than recon teams being able to pull it off for their side because they know where the unknown caches are by logic/intuition. Also, no more crap about "ghosting".
Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 05-10-2011 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #32
coxy52k

Send a message via MSN to coxy52k Send a message via Yahoo to coxy52k Send a message via Skype™ to coxy52k

I don't think getting rid of spawning at unknowns is the right thing to do, or reducing the amount of caches spawned to one either.

People spawn on caches and give them away because they pick up the weapons available there!

so......

Option 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoickk View Post
I think that in addition to removing the ability to spawn on unknown caches, pickup kits should not be available at a cache until the cache is known. With no spawning and no RPG's available, short of reloading there is absolutely no reason to be anywhere near the unknown unless a player is actively doing something constructive towards defense of the cache. Once the cache goes known for the insurgent team, spawn the kits then. This gives the insurgents more than enough time to pick those kits up and position them for cache defense.
I love the bolded section of Stoickk suggestion. This means that non of the special kits will give away cache locations and the enemy could just be random people gone for a walk!

or .......

Option 2

I think I like this idea better.

There is a set number of RPG's and other special weapons available at caches. I suggest that you remove all weapons from caches. Make the same amount of weapons available but only if the player requests it from the main or an ammo crate/techie. Then the special weapons could potentially be from anywhere and thus would not give away the position of the cache.

Just my thoughts!

Coxy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
coxy52k is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #33
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I know some people know a lot of the possible cache locations. But, that still doesn't seem like a valid reason to keep unknown cache spawnable. Most players don't dedicate their game to secretly defending an unknown cache, so weather it's spawnable or not, if a blufor knows the locations and checks them, they're still going to find it.

Also, I believe from what I've read on these forums, that the DEVs are working on improving the cache locations for the next patch, and hopfully they're including more possible locations. Both things will help to minimize the problem of blufor players knowing all the spawn locations.

Another thing that was mentioned, is that the problem is caused by players not being aware of their surroundings. People not having good 'situational awareness', which is somewhat true. Except there is no possible way to be aware of the situation at an unknown cache before spawning there. And once you're there, you can't go back.

Talk about limiting the weapons on the unknown is pointless in my opinion. If people can still spawn with a rifle in their hands, they can still give away a cache.

I see it happen in every game I play. Squads using an unknown cache as a spawn point, rather than setting up badly needed hideouts. And the worst, people spawning on unknowns and firing RPGs from the window.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #34
illidur

unknowns are problems for the following reasons.

1. blufor tactics. build all 6 fobs on possible cache locations. chances are one of the fobs will be overrun by newbs spawning at unknown. now 80% chance there is a cache there.

2. the defense is already split because you want to have a defense force and a fob killing force. if you defend unknown you are splitting the defense even more.

3. if your unknown gets overun and then turns known it will stay unspawnable till the enemy finds it.

I think the solution is to make only 1 cache spawn. implement the old system of the marker represents the general area. it will be good because:

1. then the enemy wouldn't mortar the cache building constantly just because there is a blue diamond on the map. this just gets annoying.

2. searching for it is fun.

3. it will make the surrounding area of the intel like an "unknown". which SL's can stage a bait and lure defense tactic acting like its a cache building. it would also be a step up if the enemys intel marker was known to the insurgents alongside the real one.

4. its ok to have only 1 cache because there are SO MANY WAYS to kill a cache LONG RANGE. (tow/hat/CAS/.50/c4/tank rounds etc.) unless they stop that next patch.
Last edited by illidur; 05-12-2011 at 09:45 PM..
Old 05-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #35
Nixy23

The defense marker for the insurgents is accurate. The Blue diamond for the BLUFOR is accurate up to 75 (I think?) meters. So it's not the building the blue diamond is on, but somewhere within 75 meters there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*NwA*Nixy23

Visit us at the
!

Nixy23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #36
[R-MOD]IINoddyII
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

^^ But when the blue diamond is not in a city area it's fairly obvious to pinpoint the exact location.

[R-MOD]IINoddyII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #37
Rissien
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Skype™ to Rissien

Even in the city though, it brings you to within a blocks radius of the cache and then you have Insurgents/Taliban all over the cache and it gets very obvious exactly where its at.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #38
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Yeah, very few people even attempt to hide the known cache locations anymore, because the marker is so close to it. If you've played the map before, chances are you know exactly where it'll be, based only on the marker.

I think the marker radius should go back up to what it used to be (150m iirc) mainly because of the addition of mortars. Currently, the coalition doesn't even require eyes on the cache location before they begin to spam it with mortars. And, it was fun for both teams when the coalition actually had to search an area for it.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #39
Stealthgato

I think it's less than 75m atm.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #40
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Totally agree badmojo, I think the known marker radius should increase, back to the original 150m or like 100m if a compromise has to be reached. Currently it isn't so much intel on the cache area, but intel on virtually the cache's exact location.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cache, spawning