project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Doedel

Default Game's really gone downhill

I remember this game being a lot funner than it currently is. I'm trying to get a friend into it now, but I can barely stand it, and he's just completely fed up.

This is an example of one of his first experiences with PR:

- Load map.
- Nowhere to spawn because main base has been greyed though we still have another flag.
- Wait 5 minutes looking at map for round to end.
- Load next map.
- Decide to use AAVP.
- Friend jumps into AAVP, gets into gunner position, I jump into driver position.
- Friend is killed because apparently he's trying to one-man the vehicle (even though I've been driving for a good 5 seconds).
- Friend respawns. Can't request crewman kit so soon after last. I tell him to hop in, he can pick one up in a minute on the way.
- Friend jumps into AAVP, immediately told he's trying to gun a vehicle with no crewman kit, so hops out before he dies.
- I tell him to hop in and immediately hit F3 to switch to backseat.
- He immediately dies upon jumping in.
- Respawns, finally we get going.
- Spend 5 minutes driving across ocean to fight.
- Immediately killed by friendly TOW.
- Start over.
- Another 5 minutes driving across ocean to fight.
- Immediately killed by enemy HAT.
- After about 30 minutes we've managed to actually play for only about 30 seconds.

There's "realism" and designing a game that focuses on patience, teamwork and tactics, which is what PR used to be. Then there's anally retentive illogical design that seems to focus on sapping as much enjoyment out of a game as possible, which is what PR has become.

Does anyone still play 0.6? That was the last really fun version that still resembled an actual game and not an engine for actually impeding gameplay.

inb4 whine thread.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
[R-DEV]VapoMan
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]VapoMan
Default Re: Game's really gone downhill

Quote:
- Load map.
- Nowhere to spawn because main base has been greyed though we still have another flag.
- Wait 5 minutes looking at map for round to end.
If the last flag connected to your main base has been neutralised then you cant spawn. Its just bad luck that you joined the server when that happened.

Quote:
- Friend jumps into AAVP, gets into gunner position, I jump into driver position.
- Friend is killed because apparently he's trying to one-man the vehicle (even though I've been driving for a good 5 seconds).
Did he jump into the gunner seat before you got in the driver seat? Because thats something thats been implemented to stop people from single crewing.

Quote:
- Friend jumps into AAVP, immediately told he's trying to gun a vehicle with no crewman kit, so hops out before he dies.
- I tell him to hop in and immediately hit F3 to switch to backseat.
- He immediately dies upon jumping in.
Its there to stop people without crewman kits from quickly switching between the limited seats and the back seats.

Quote:
- Respawns, finally we get going.
- Spend 5 minutes driving across ocean to fight.
- Immediately killed by friendly TOW.
Not the games fault

Quote:
- Immediately killed by enemy HAT.
- After about 30 minutes we've managed to actually play for only about 30 seconds.
Just bad luck really.

To me it sounds like you had a really bad couple of rounds, it happends sometimes. You could have had a completely different game if you had just played as infantry. Recently I installed an older version of PR just to see the difference. 0.95 is much better than the older versions, they just seem so limited compared to the new PR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Eight glorious sides and eight stunning angles!"
Old 12-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

I agree with Vapoman, the game is fine and I reckon you had a couple of really unlucky rounds. @*%& happens sometimes

Infantry will generally ease people into PR a lot better than jumping straight into assets

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
Old 12-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #4
splatters

That's just you and your teammates failing, mixed with a little bad luck or stupidity.

I also have a feeling that you didn't have comms with the rest of the team.

BTW, funner is much funner of a word than more fun or funnier
Old 12-27-2010, 02:59 AM   #5
Dev1200

Troll thread. Inb4lock.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:06 AM   #6
Reddeath

Im interested in what tactics you have toward improving this game, what exactly changed from .6 that made the game "anally retentive illogical design that seems to focus on sapping as much enjoyment out of a game as possible"

As far as I see you might have come across a BUG and some bad luck and your just being a poor sport about it.

Ingame: # SuperBagel
Old 12-27-2010, 03:31 AM   #7
ComradeHX

The word usage of players has really gone downhill.

If you get shot by TOW then you are obviously not communicating with your team, or that your team sucks enough to NOT mark the TOW; perhaps you are just unlucky that the enemy built a fresh TOW and you are its first target.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:17 AM   #8
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

All of the things you listed in the OP are not the games fault

It's bad luck and you and your m8 failing at the game, if you have played the game long enough you should know that you can't get a gunner in an apc before the driver

.:2p:.Smiddey
Old 12-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #9
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
Troll thread. Inb4lock.
Leave that to the moderators will you? If you see a thread that you think deserves a lock, report it, don't make a bloody useless post like this.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
Kain888
Supporting Member

Seems like you haven't told him what to do if he died in apc, because of wrong kit/not knowing what to do. And getting hit by hat kit is your fault. Just try to communicate with team and use teamwork or find server if you can't on server you played.

And tell your friend to read manual, by this you will save him a lot of trouble and frustration, as most of stuff is explained there.

Closed Thread

Tags
downhill, game