project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Titan
Default [0.957]Losing ticket when wounded

Since there is no feedback-thread (or i am just blind) regarding the new feature of losing one ticket if wounded and another by "giving up" i feld free to make my own.

First of, i dont know exactly what problem should be solved with this new system, so i have to guess.
I guess that the behavior of "i will just try and shoot him because i will fall in cover anyways" is the main reason. (would be good to hear any other reasons from the devs) And i agree that the missing fear for your life is unrealistic.

On the other hand i can see some contra-productive flaws.

First is that now every infantry is basicly worth 2 tickets but assets like APC and Tanks are still 5-10 tickets. In the end it is mainly that heavy assets tickets are just decreased by 50%. I dont know if this was intendet.

Secondly now it is wiser to stay in our damaged vehicle and burn to death, you not only can spawn directly at main without relying upon something stupid like teamwork for transportation, but this time it is even better for your team, because you will lose 2 tickets less. If you hope out chances are that you are killed anyways but this time you lose 2 aditional tickets.
Basicly this is no big deal, but it would be more realistc and teamwork orientated if the crewman would be encouraged to try and save there lives.

Thirdly it is somewhat impossible to not get wounded as an frontline infantryst in this game, if somebody is already aiming at you have long odds to reach cover bevore you are down.
This is ok so far, because everybody gets frustraded if he cant hit bunnys.
But on the other hand this means that even the best and most coordinated squads and teams will face casualties in terms of ticketlos. As a non teamworking lonewolf it is way easier to pay for yourself, just run into a squad and gun down at least 2 guys.
Without the wounded ticketlos they would be revived and the lonewolf reached nothing.

This quote is from the "[Changelog] Project Reality v0.957c Hotfix"-thread but i think that this also regards in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
The previous system was completely unfair. Imagine a scenario when a group of 5 soldiers is defending a flag and a group of 15 soldiers is attacking it. At the end of the engagement all 5 defenders will be dead as well as 13 attackers. You may almost want to say that while loosing their lives, the defenders won the battle, inflicting heavy losses to the enemy but it used to be the other way around. Those 2 remaining guys revived everyone and... viola, no losses at all. Those people could have been blown up to pieces, shot in the head or run over by a tank yet they were living on like nothing happened. I believe their tickets deserve to be lost and the present system is much more fair than the previous one.
I cant agree with this statement. This 15 guys are at least 3 squads. This is the mother of teamwork if they manage an coordinatet assault of 3 squads on one position at the same time, while the 5 guys have teamwork at a squadlevel at max.

To sum it up, the new system is Lonewolf>Squadteamplay>Intersquadteamplay and i dont think that this are the expected results for this mod, right?

I like to hear your thoughts about this topic and maybe some aditional reasons why this was implented.
Titan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Eriand

Default Re: [0.957]Losing ticket when wounded

Although I haven't read anything about the hotfix (Been busy lately), what I've played of the 0.95 release has been fun. .. Except for the fact that the rounds were way to short. I mean, 35-40 min rounds ain't exactly what I'd call ideal.. esp. with big maps such as Kashan (or the new map, with all the fricken winding roads etc..)

And sure.. In some cases removing tickets for "dying" (eg. still revivable) is a good thing.. However I find that in most cases it ruins gameplay.

One possible fix for this would be to both increase the amount of ticketloss inflicted at the loss of tanks etc and increasing the total amount of tickets/team..

However this doesn't fix the issue with staying inside vehicles instead of jumping out to avoid loosing more tickets, so it's def. not perfect.

On a personal level I don't like it at all, however... Meh

/Eri
Eriand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Fresz

Iam really aggree with you!

My suggestion to solve this is:

Make assets more "expensive"
add more tickets to the maps and make some thing like - lose 3 tickets if u are shot dead-dead - lose 1 ticket if u are shot wounded - and lose another one if you give up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fresz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:21 AM   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Frez you know that you DON'T agree with OP yes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresz View Post
Iam really aggree with you!

My suggestion to solve this is:

Make assets more "expensive"
add more tickets to the maps and make some thing like - lose 3 tickets if u are shot dead-dead - lose 1 ticket if u are shot wounded - and lose another one if you give up.
Thats a good point !

ChallengerCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
Pirate

No, it's a terrible point. Not only will losing a ticket when wounded/alive make the difference bigger between staying in an asset and blowing up versus jumping out, what happens when you slide down a hill and take a bit of damage or you jump from a chopper that's hovering a bit too high? What if you get wounded, healed up and only to get wounded again? 2 tickets down the drain? It's probably better sometimes then to keep someone wounded then until the attack is over, or he might cause even more ticketloss.

In my opinion.
Pirate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I couldn't disagree with the OP more. This change is great, wounding people has a point to it. As it does in real life.

Just play the game without considering tickets. You'll be much happier. The only ticket anyone should really concern themselves with, is the 1 ticket they waste when clicking 'give up'.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Pirate

The way it is now is good, they only need to increase the ticket value of vehicles and make it so that instantly dieing = 2 tickets lost.
Pirate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:11 AM   #9
illidur

the old system encouraged sit and wait wars too much. like "why risk running across the road to the flag when my medic can just revive me behind cover". or this "yay we just killed 5 out of 6 guys! hmm, better camp these bodies for 5 minutes so they actually lose tickets".

1 lonewolf against 6 guys is against odds of downing 2 before he gets owned.
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
KEIOS
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
The way it is now is good, they only need to increase the ticket value of vehicles and make it so that instantly dieing = 2 tickets lost.
I agree with this.

KEIOS is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
losing, ticket, wounded