project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
cyberzomby

Default Re: [0.957]Losing ticket when wounded

Disagree as well. For me it feels so much better knowing that even IF they all get revived, we at least got some tickets out of it. It wasnt all for nothing.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

although i havent played much recently, the concept alone sounds good to me. there will be flaws but wounding a guy in combat should do more than put one guy out of the fight till the medic gets to him.ticket loss seems like the best compensation. as they say, one dead enemy takes one off the field, one wounded enemy takes two more to carry him off the field. it is also a stronger hit on moral. dead men require a funeral and tears, wounded men require resources and continued care.

Anything can be a weapon, anyone can be a threat. Never under estimate the combat ability of your opposition. He may seem weak and harmless now but even a dead man can carry a few pounds of explosives in his gut or deliver a decisive blow by rotting away in your water supply.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
ytman

I really dig it. I think, however, that it such the increase requires a reassessment of asset costs too. A fully loaded transport truck costs 18 tickets when lost while a main battle tank loses only 14.

With this in mind, a little more toying around with the ticket ratio would be nice, if of course assets have ticket costs changed.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #14
Fess|3-5|

DEV's should have made the game more fatal then punish those that get wounded. In the old system if you got blown up or shot in the head, you were dead, which seems more realistic to me. You'd have to balance deviation a bit to keep every rifle from being lazer sniper accurate to prevent headshots from being too common, but more fatalities would do more for realism then having the potential for a combat medic being able to revive someone who's chest just got opened up by a HEAT round.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fess|3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fess|3-5| View Post
DEV's should have made the game more fatal then punish those that get wounded. In the old system if you got blown up or shot in the head, you were dead, which seems more realistic to me. You'd have to balance deviation a bit to keep every rifle from being lazer sniper accurate to prevent headshots from being too common, but more fatalities would do more for realism then having the potential for a combat medic being able to revive someone who's chest just got opened up by a HEAT round.
While I agree with you it would be nice if the game was more lethal. A very simple solution would be to remove the epipen, only allowing those with minimal damage to get medical attention. But, a lot of people feel it would become a chore to regroup with your squad every time you die, since the maps are so large.

The problem with the old system where people would die from small arms, was that it was inconsistent. Sometimes you would die, sometimes not. It was more a game of luck than logic.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #16
LordLoss

I think there should be a time delay in losing the first ticket. Say if you aren't revived in the first minute of being wounded, you lose 1 ticket, and if you give up/bleed out, the second.
LordLoss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #17
Limeni[BiH]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fess|3-5| View Post
I agree with this.
All this reviving system is a bit arcade. One or two shots in the upper body or lower body would be ok for the soldier to be reviveable. But a 6-7 bullet burst from AR or .50 cal or a headshot from a sniper or a rpg in your chest is just way too much.
Limeni[BiH] is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
losing, ticket, wounded