project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
XinSavior
Default Squads and team gameplay

I love PR, it's a great mod and I love how the game plays, but I have one big issue. It seems that almost everyone is in a clan and lock their squads to keep others from joining. Others that are not part of a clan are usually immature or unwilling to work together as a team. I would join a clan, but I have obligations to my other clan that keeps me from joining one... I know this really can't be fixed in anyway, but I thought I'd give my two cents.
XinSavior is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Ghost Wolfe

Default Re: Squads and team gameplay

I know how you feel. If you make a squad and call it "ENG INF" or "VOIP INF" then you will usually get good squadmates that want to work together. Anyones that don't, you can just kick.
Ghost Wolfe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XinSavior View Post
Others that are not part of a clan are usually immature or unwilling to work together as a team.
And you wonder why people join clans and lock their squads?

Seriously, I do often lock my squad when playing with clanmates but I occasionally open it up as well. All depends on the mood i'm in and sometimes people just want to have a game with their mates, nothing wrong with that.

Solution for you imo is to learn how to SL and make a squad called Eng VOIP or similar.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
XinSavior

I like to SL but then it sucks because I really don't like leading all too much because I enjoy being a medic and healing people! As much as I'd like to be a medic and SL, it's way too much micromanaging and running around while pressing so many buttons... Still I'll try it out
Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

back in iGi the most epic moments I've ever had were when we'd all lead a squad each, Frosty_McOwnage, Gazzthompson, Myself and maybe even an iGi commander. Get 2 APCs in one squad, infantry in the other squads. we pwned, yes sir we did.

become a regular on a server, get to know the other regulars, and they'll trust you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
Staker

Send a message via MSN to Staker

It's a lot easier to play with people you know. However, I don't the thing with these "clans". It's not like you need to be married to keep in touch with few fellas via xfire and try to stack up a squad once in a while. Perhaps it's easier on smaller servers, with regular players on that very same server. My mind could be affected by the fact that I usually play on only one server though.

I was almost ninja'd by Rudd, but my message stays the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ffuu.
Staker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
XinSavior

haha well then I guess I'll just try and give squads another try :P
Old 07-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Cobhris

If you can't find a squad, make one. Give it a name like "ENG VOIP" or "TEAMWORK", and the mature independent (non-clan affiliated) players will join up quickly. Squadleading isn't as difficult as it sounds, and when I get fed up with the team's leadership, I just step up and take matters into my own hands.

The Soviets may have only gotten as far as East Germany, but they took the rest of the continent without firing a single shot.

NObama 2012!
Cobhris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
XinSavior

Well I played in the ]TAR[ server and had a lot of fun being a part of the HMMWV Transport squad! But I'm not sure how Squad Leading will be for me haha

Tags
gameplay, squads, team