project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
18 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #61
AquaticPenguin
Default Re: I have a problem with deviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
The more I read his posts the more I believe it..its just too subtle.

On topic I see no problem with deviation other than how effective prone diving is. I was killed on Gaza peninsula by an instaproning HAMAS sniper 10m away. Elmo147*AUS* his name was, he even said it was total bull over mumble. Proves that prone diving isn't truly emitted from the game.
Prone-diving only increases the spread. There's still going to be a slim chance they'll hit you regardless.

Sure I've been killed by prone-divers a couple of times... Normally I just crouch and shoot them in the face as they blindly pray for a lucky hit.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #62
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
On topic I see no problem with deviation other than how effective prone diving is. I was killed on Gaza peninsula by an instaproning HAMAS sniper 10m away. Elmo147*AUS* his name was, he even said it was total bull over mumble. Proves that prone diving isn't truly emitted from the game.
You will always get, or get done by a lucky shot... there is no way to remove that (small) factor.

And yes, going by Kami.exe's wording and what not i do think that , he be trollin!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #63
google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
However, PR can't tell you where your aimpoint is, since the engine isn't as enhanced as other game engines. So, you have to approximate.
Why do people assume this isn't a big deal? In fact, this is the thing that is really most frustrating. Without memorizing certain time factors and keeping track of everything you do, how can one be expected to obtain good deviation. I play tactically and often think I've done the right thing to line my shots. Still, 50% of the time, I miss horribly. IRL or ArmA, I would know how much I was swaying as well as the moment when I could fire. With such a complex deviation system, there is a lot of luck involved.

IMO, it's one of the basic problems of PR. It tries to compensate for too many things that the bf2 engine is not fit to handle. PR will never be a milsim, only a tactical shooter.

Main Alias |TG-6th|Googol
google is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #64
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by google View Post
IMO, it's one of the basic problems of PR. It tries to compensate for too many things that the bf2 engine is not fit to handle. PR will never be a milsim, only a tactical shooter.
I don't think PR has ever tried to be a milsim...
[R-CON]Psyrus is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #65
Brainlaag

Here we go again. :-S Deviation is perfect in terms of BF2 enigne. IDK what problems you guys are having all the time, but I think you are a bit impatient. If you cant wait for the weapons to settle, go play BF2v Thank you.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #66
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcap View Post
Deviation is perfect in terms of BF2 enigne.
Deviation is flawed, it can't appropriately handle both close and long range combat. It's a poor substitute for ballistics and other realistic factors.

It's a compromise either way, I'd rather be able to make fluke shots at long range than miss someone right in front of me just because I've been moving for longer than a few seconds.

Quote:
IDK what problems you guys are having all the time, but I think you are a bit impatient.
If you want to know read the thread, it's all about problems with deviation. Waiting to settle to hit someone at long range is one thing, frantic close combat is another matter.

Quote:
If you cant wait for the weapons to settle, go play BF2v Thank you.
I put up with it for all the good things about PR and hope the devs can improve it.

Vanilla BF2 has it's own deviation problems. It's actually worse because unlike PR where you at least get good accuracy once you settle, in vanilla it's always randomly spreading.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #67
Brainlaag

Look Snazz I would support the shift to the BF2142 engine, just to have "correct" ballistics . But because of the tracer bug, we CANT have ballistics in BF2:PR. So to make CQ and long range battles enjoyable the DEVs added this kind of deviation to stop dolphin dives, prone kills, bunnyhopper spraying (and killing everything), and and and. So IMO its good enough, cuz if you look back at old complaints about deviation "balblabla killing while going prone" .." balblabalba killed at 100m while jumping of a ladder", they were all related to "over"precise weapons. To sum up, I can say that you guys are never pleased.
I don't think that these kind of threads/discussions are any helpful to the DEVs. They are fully aware, that this kind of system isn't perfect, BUT its (for now) the best one.

And about my post before, yeah I exaggerated a bit...just to make people clear that we are sick of such pretty much useless and redundant threads.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #68
Johncro

Ahem.

If you don't like to shoot, then be Commander, he never shoots ever.
Or try being logistics, drive around trucks, hmmvs. And build FOB.

Shooting is everything in this game, its not a run and gun, COD game.
You need to work as a team, so build FOB's be Commander, drive trucks around.
Learn to fly, drive tanks around.

And if you do chose to be in a squad, don't pick a vital kit, pick Rifleman and when a firefight comes around, supress them, and let a part of your squad flank around them.

And whinning on the forums that the devation is right, or you can't fire your weapon, then you know what, go to coop and practice. I'm getting into to PR tomorrow, I've had no video card for 6 months, never even played PR .91 at all. But before that I never got a kill, yes maybe 1 kill every 3 rounds, but that was luck. But I fought on and did what the SL asked me to, and I sure didnt come on teh forums to give the 133t DEV, R-Coms, or Mods any trouble.

If you need help send me a PM here and I'll help you.
But asking the DEV's a question they have already seen, 1000+ times isn't gonna fix anything, its gonna end you up with infractions and possiblely more hatred towards PR which I hope isn't the goal of the DEVs. But if you feel that the devation in this game isn't to your standard then, I suggest you go back to Vanilla or some other games.

This game doesn't get easier unless you play like you have no life(not to offend anyone) then yeah shit gonna happen, you might rage quit, I have not gonna lie, PR does make me mad sometimes, but its the playablity and the fact that I can practice and think about what will happen if I master the devation system is what makes me come right back.

i hope that you do read this and learn from it. I've played for awhile over a year or 2. So yeah PM if ya need help. i'll try my best.

Sorry for super long response i get carried away.
Johncro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #69
google

Quote:
dolphin dives, prone kills, bunnyhopper spraying (and killing everything)
I'm pretty sure that the deviation values that prevent these two examples, are seperate from standard, movement based, deviation. You say that "we" are never pleased. I, for one, never had any complaints regarding .7 - .75 deviation. Sure, it could've used a little tweaking, but things were fine really. Snazz is absolutely correct in saying that deviation does a horrible job of what it's supposed to portray (weapon sway mainly). It's fairly obvious that plenty of people see that this compensation is flawed and severely annoying.

Quote:
They are fully aware, that this kind of system isn't perfect, BUT its (for now) the best one.
You may believe it to be the best one. I believe it to be detrimental to gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncro View Post
, and I sure didnt come on teh forums to give the 133t DEV, R-Coms, or Mods any trouble.
Wait, the player base is not supposed to give its opinion/input on gameplay in the feedback forum?

Main Alias |TG-6th|Googol
google is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #70
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

You've given your feedback countless times, the fact that deviation isn't going away should tell you something.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, god, love, problem