project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #51
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: I have a problem with deviation

Here's a hint.

there is minimal deviation difference between crouched and prone.

the action of going prone will rocket your deviation up.

If your engangin an enemy, dont dive to the floor, crouch, pause, and engage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Matrox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #52
Kami.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
The question is, how long does that all take you?

and im assuming thats a typo?
For me, being trained for that sorta shit, knowing my weapon, practicing dives and shit like that. it takes me about half a second to get the proper cheek weld. eye relief is actually irrelevant unless utilizing traditional Stoner/Colt/FN platform Iron sights. About another half second to second to get full focus chevron, target, kill. And there is the magical boom headshot. So, all in all.

My proposal is like in all other games deviation is based upon stance. As stance = stability.

Standing you should have the most deviation, kneeling, a lot less, and prone, minimal, and when using a bipod supported weapon barely any deviation other than vertical. I'll take vertical deviation from heaving breaths for the USA, British, well actually anyone other than the USMC. We're trained to counter that shit with a simple inhale-exhale-hold-fire-rinse-repeat fire mantra.
Kami.exe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #53
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami.exe View Post
For me, being trained for that sorta shit, knowing my weapon, practicing dives and shit like that. it takes me about half a second to get the proper cheek weld. eye relief is actually irrelevant unless utilizing traditional Stoner/Colt/FN platform Iron sights. About another half second to second to get full focus chevron, target, kill. And there is the magical boom headshot. So, all in all.
so one second from diving to the ground in full combat gear to firing a shot and hitting the target in the head ?

Range is also important , what range can you pull of this one second drive and insta headhot? 50m? 100m?

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #54
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by malv View Post
Please fix the fluffing deviation system. This whole counting bullmanure needs to go. Please, give some feedback on how accurate the shot is going to be like gun sway or some sort of visual indicator. Seriously, counting before shooting is absolutely unrealistic and fluffing lame. Not to mention it takes forever to steady an aim, and people can shift momentum in this game instantly. Moving the mouse throws off the aim, and without being able to predict the character based upon continuity in the momentum profile (+network lag). makes hitting a moving target with a regular rifle a stupidly challenging task. Also, the deviation up close takes too ridiculously long to steady for many of the guns; burst fire shots go frigging everywhere up close.

I mean the deviation system really just murders this game. They've confused just plain awful controls with realism. They really should just reintroduce the accuracy indicator in absence of being able to add gun sway. Anything feels more realistic and appropriate than counting.

You have a problem with deviation? All vBF2/COD pilgrims need to get used to how PR works.

If your "Counting", your doing it wrong. You're playing Like this:

1. Find enemy.
2. Prone
3. Wait for deviation to settle
4. Die.
5. Respawn

You're thinking like this:

1. Enemy in my sight
2. Fire, and miss

You SHOULD be playing like this:

1. Find enemy.
2. Immediate cover
3. Use teamwork with friendly infantry / vehicles around you to suppress and out maneuver enemy.
4. Destroy enemy, and continue with objectives.

You SHOULD be thinking like this:

1. Enemy in my sight
2. Have I just sprinted around the corner? wait to ensure an accurate shot
3. Have I been waiting for the enemy to come to me like I should? Fire, and kill.

In real life, you are NOT accurate after running around with heavy gear, and aiming down a sight to shoot something. Go play ARMA (w/ ace, I might add. or PRA2 when it comes out) and try sprinting for 20 seconds, then aim. Fire right away. You'll have a very large spread. Do the same thing in PR. Now do the same thing in real life. They all do the exact same thing. However, PR can't tell you where your aimpoint is, since the engine isn't as enhanced as other game engines. So, you have to approximate.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #55
Kami.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
so one second from diving to the ground in full combat gear to firing a shot and hitting the target in the head ?

Range is also important , what range can you pull of this one second drive and insta headhot? 50m? 100m?
I can pull it up to 350 yards away utilizing the M16A4 Service rifle with Iron Sights or an ACOG RCO.

But I take it you have never been in combat before have you?
Kami.exe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #56
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami.exe View Post
I can pull it up to 350 yards away utilizing the M16A4 Service rifle with Iron Sights or an ACOG RCO.

But I take it you have never been in combat before have you?
I have not.

Whats the time frame on this 350 yard heatshot? from when you start to go prone to when you are capable of firing?

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 AM   #57
dtacs
Supporting Member

What exactly do you/did you do in the USMC? Sounds like your a sniper, infantryman and marksmanship instructor all combined into one.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #58
Oddsodz

Sounds like a troll to me. Don't fall for it boys and girls

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #59
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
Sounds like a troll to me. Don't fall for it boys and girls
The more I read his posts the more I believe it..its just too subtle.

On topic I see no problem with deviation other than how effective prone diving is. I was killed on Gaza peninsula by an instaproning HAMAS sniper 10m away. Elmo147*AUS* his name was, he even said it was total bull over mumble. Proves that prone diving isn't truly emitted from the game.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #60
Oddsodz

Just await PR:ArmA2. Try instaproning in that and see what happens

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, god, love, problem