project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #31
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Well, i guess performance DID improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I heard that what lagged Fallujah were the sidewalks being too detailed or something.
I doubt a box with some smoothed edges is enough to lag, and you're also forgetting that at distance you see the LODs (which are even more simple in shape), not the original detailed model, so whoever told you that probably pulled it out of his ass.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #32
maarit
Supporting Member

just little add about fps thing.
i have noticed that in maps there is spot where you have bad fps.then if you start to walk forward your fps starting to rise.

tested in beirut.
i was standing still and fps was 27.
few steps forward,30.
more steps,32.
more steps,more steps,more steps,40
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #33
frankwilliam

Im just so sad, i´ve played PR for years and now i just feel empty inside
frankwilliam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #34
frankwilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
There were over 3000 individual revisions to v0.9. To expect us to go through each and every one and figure out which caused the problem... lol.

We're not going to limit ourselves to specs of a 5yr old engine, we're going to keep on pushing it and pushing it. To limit ourselves, we would end up with maps like Operation Blue Pearl in BF2 v1.5, a 90m view distance.
That just makes you sound lazy wich i kno youre not

But on a map like muttrah wich i have had no problem with in the past 0.9 and that now, i can barely play.
Now I dont know how much you have changed the map but it doesnt seem to be that much if anything at all

IT MUST BE SOMETHING that is clearly unnecessary or design flawed
Old 04-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #35
echo

You get lag on Muttrah?

I have a fairly crappy computer and it plays fine on Muttrah and all other non-new maps that came with 0.9. I haven't tested the patch yet to see if the lag issues have been fixed specifically for me however I don't recall getting lag on Muttrah.

But yeah the DEVs are right, they shouldn't limit themselves when they can keep pushing ground-breaking things in this engine; which weren't even thought possible by EA themselves. (Quite possibly)

The DEVs and testers will probably come out with a final fix to the problem, so lets just give them time as opposed to creating threads giving mystic ideas as to what could be causing the lag or reverting to older "graphics" as suggested by the OP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
echo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #36
maarit
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
You get lag on Muttrah?

I have a fairly crappy computer and it plays fine on Muttrah and all other non-new maps that came with 0.9. I haven't tested the patch yet to see if the lag issues have been fixed specifically for me however I don't recall getting lag on Muttrah.

But yeah the DEVs are right, they shouldn't limit themselves when they can keep pushing ground-breaking things in this engine; which weren't even thought possible by EA themselves. (Quite possibly)

The DEVs and testers will probably come out with a final fix to the problem, so lets just give them time as opposed to creating threads giving mystic ideas as to what could be causing the lag or reverting to older "graphics" as suggested by the OP.
i got huge lag in muttrah.
we were building fob near that big building(hotel?)
and then that area fps goes 15 and running animation goes grazy.
samething happended in karbala too.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #37
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

if you guys want much more performance i would recommend you to learn 3d so that the lods of ALL the weapons can be fixed. would definitly help since we have already looked at the maps, some of the statics, the way the server and the computer loads the map etc etc.

now if a squad of 6 could draw as 2000 tris instead of 36000 then it might begin to help a bit. problem is getting around to doing it due to the enormous nature of it.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
[R-DEV]motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #38
Dragonfire43560

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NwA*Orford View Post
I notice a vast improvement after cleeaing out my HDD and doing some PC house keeping and even more FPS after the patch.

If your struggling on the edge of being able to play and others who have nearly the same spec as you dont. Clean out your PC. Not only dose ram have an effect but how fast your OS and HDD can put the info to your grafix card and CPU have a major impact.

1. right click your HDD in my computer click properties then disk clean up.

2. Download CCleaner from CCleaner - Home to clean and fix any issues in your registry.

3. download and run Malwarebytes to get rid of any malware spy ware you may have and not know its slowing your PC net connetcion.

I thing you will get alot better performance once you have given you HDD and OS some TLC.
If PR isnt the issue work on what you have and look after it.
Im trying to play it off a fresh reformat bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
There were over 3000 individual revisions to v0.9. To expect us to go through each and every one and figure out which caused the problem... lol.

We're not going to limit ourselves to specs of a 5yr old engine, we're going to keep on pushing it and pushing it. To limit ourselves, we would end up with maps like Operation Blue Pearl in BF2 v1.5, a 90m view distance.
Lol trust me when i say this, you dont have to worry about not pushing the engine. .87 was already about 5 million lightyears ahead of operation blue pearl. Theres a limit to pushing the engine though. Im sure all of us would like to have variable dynamic weather, destructable enviornments, even larger view distance but as we all know this just isnt possible with the BF2 engine. You gotta realize that sure you can keep pushing it, but how much do you really want the system requirements to be? Someone said 6 gigs in this topic. Do you honestly think that 6 gigs sounds like a reasonable amount? The way this is headed, PR is gonna be a game only enjoyable by the select few with top of the line gaming computers.The balance between eye candy and performance seemed perfect in .87. Why not just stick to adding more content/gameplay changes instead of messing with the visuals?

I know you someone said there were no new graphical changes, but there must have been SOMETHING. Maybe not new textures or anything but maybe a new tree, new gun models on the ground etc etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwilliam View Post
Im just so sad, i´ve played PR for years and now i just feel empty inside
Yeah man I know. It just doesnt feel right that an overnight change causes the spec requirements to jump 3 generations. Boom just like that i cant play PR

I know I might sound rude/mean with some of my posts, but im saying everything with the best intentions here DEVs.
Dragonfire43560 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #39
Stoic Sentinel

I wish I had the monies

Stoic Sentinel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #40
frankwilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire43560 View Post
Im trying to play it off a fresh reformat bro

Lol trust me when i say this, you dont have to worry about not pushing the engine. .87 was already about 5 million lightyears ahead of operation blue pearl. Theres a limit to pushing the engine though. Im sure all of us would like to have variable dynamic weather, destructable enviornments, even larger view distance but as we all know this just isnt possible with the BF2 engine. You gotta realize that sure you can keep pushing it, but how much do you really want the system requirements to be? Someone said 6 gigs in this topic. Do you honestly think that 6 gigs sounds like a reasonable amount? The way this is headed, PR is gonna be a game only enjoyable by the select few with top of the line gaming computers.The balance between eye candy and performance seemed perfect in .87. Why not just stick to adding more content/gameplay changes instead of messing with the visuals?

I know you someone said there were no new graphical changes, but there must have been SOMETHING. Maybe not new textures or anything but maybe a new tree, new gun models on the ground etc etc.

Exactly 0.87 was like... the best shit ever, way ahead of vanilla and i mean WAAAAY, and like others have said you dont play PR for the graphics

Plus i think you strangled like 20%(if not more) of the players with 0.9

Tags
guess, improve, performance