project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #31
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: FB edge of maps change.

I'm not complaining Celestial, I had a look in the changelist and this wasn't there, so akin to Oddsodz I'm curious as to why this change has occurred. So far it would seem that it has negative repercussions, especially on 1km maps (even worse on Insurgency) where firebases are already struggling to stay up for more than 10 minutes. Insurgents can just constantly throw themselves at the firebase till it goes down. And the 'well you should be defending it' excuse is silly.

At least one playtester showing up is better than none, not all features have to have other players present
Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #32
Wild_Turkey09

Its abit too much of a restriction, especially on maps like muttrah, gaza and fallujah. If it was more like 100 metres or something that would be ALOT better. This is from my experience as a PR player and I know alot of people share my opinion. I just think it should be alot short than it is now.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #33
Scr3amX2

I don't really see the point in changing it in the first place.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A playable area is a playable area, so FOBs should be build-able on the outskirts of the map.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #34
Rissien
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Skype™ to Rissien

Not seeing what problem gave the need for this anyways. All Ive noticed its its caused problems instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #35
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
But it takes away the art of making a safe FB for long flanking moves. Seems very silly to me. With no real benefit for anybody. I Have yet to see a good real reason for doing this change.

I Have also failed to see why a FB close to the edge of the map is a bad thing. I Don't really know of any places on a any map that can not be attacked if a FB is placed there.
What do you mean by "safe FB"?

You could place one in the corner of the map, and you have made it so that no one can attack you from 2 sides, or along the edge, and now you cannot be attacked from 1 side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
I'm not complaining Celestial, I had a look in the changelist and this wasn't there, so akin to Oddsodz I'm curious as to why this change has occurred.
And I quote:
"Forward Outposts can't be deployed too close to the edge of the map."

Quote:
At least one playtester showing up is better than none, not all features have to have other players present
Beta testers can do those things. There's no need for a second beta testing team.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #36
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

It's okay, I agree. Those damn beta testers don't do jack, I mean how in earth could they not catch this.

This is just getting ridiculous.. This new FOB rule, the beta testers really messed up here. How could they not foresee the future and predict this horrible gameplay. PR is really destroyed now, I can't play it anymore.

As to how to fix it, I think 50m is just about what's needed on Fallujah and maps of such size.

|
Old 04-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #37
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by =]H[=ElvishKnight View Post
Not seeing what problem gave the need for this anyways. All Ive noticed its its caused problems instead.
+1 to this. I've already spilled my bile on BigD so I don't feel the need for a vitriolic rant here, but I agree with the sentiment contained within this thread. I do see Fuzzhead's "fix" as viable, but I will too ask:

What is the big problem that this addition solves?

In all my years of PR I've never once thought "man I wish they hadn't been able to build that firebase so close to the edge of the map"
Old 04-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #38
Smegburt_funkledink

YouTube Video

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #39
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

YouTube Video

Old 04-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #40
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I never said that you tested it to see if it had practical purpose. I do understand what the team does.
The implication was there, in that you expected us to do so. Thats not what we do.

Quote:
What would you rather, the mystery box which could have something good or bad, or the alternative that you know is going to be good?

If they want 'OMG SURPRISE LOOK AT WHAT WE DID' why release a changelist?
The mystery box.

The changelog is usually released just a couple of days before release, to keep the excitement up. What you're asking for is a complete list of changes and ability to download builds several weeks before an actual release.

Quote:
Its funny, cause people like myself and Truism seem interested. Especially if things like this are going to be reoccurring.
You know what else is funny? That a couple dozen full clans were interested in the exact same thing in previous releases, the opportunity was given and no-one showed up to take advantage.

Quote:
No, you're wrong. A playtest cannot be done properly with anything less than a full 64/64 server of people, anything less is meaningless because issues can and will come up on a full server that never announce themselves on a server with only 20 people on, let alone 1 person.

Hence why the 24 man beta test team do not do playtesting, even when there's just one of us on

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Closed Thread

Tags
change, edge, maps