project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Your opinion on the new 0.9 rally point change?
I love it 80 35.56%
I like it but it has issues [explain] 13 5.78%
I like it but the community is having a hard time using it 34 15.11%
Whatever, the game evolves every version 29 12.89%
I dont like it and the community is having a hard time using it 40 17.78%
I dont like it at all [explain] 4 1.78%
I hate it, it doesnt work, destroys gameplay [explain] 25 11.11%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #121
goguapsy

Default Re: Your opinion on the new 0.9 rally point change?

Know why I like it?

Because it makes killing enemies rewarding (they won't show up anytime soon...)
However if you manage to get 2 of your guys out alive, suprise, you have backup
Most of the time, though, I use rally for new squad members to join the squad...

But the only time I used this Rally Point system to its fullest was in Silent Eagle... we had some good Chinook pilots...

Note I only played a couple of rounds as SL, though...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
Last edited by goguapsy; 03-28-2010 at 03:01 PM..
Old 03-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #122
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOME Malambri View Post
I challenge this statement. A 160 ping sucks balls and it is hard in many situations. For example, driving a logistics truck through the trees in Yamalia, getting decent hit responses on moving infantry targets farther than 150 meters out, etc...

Quote:
The Battlefield series of engines does this by making clients connected with high latencies disadvantaged in that the server trusts its view of the world at all times. A client says 'i just shot in this direction' and the server checks if the shots hit something, and applies damage if so. Unfortunately if the client is out of date (because of a slow link) then the player from the server's point of view will be shooting where the target was not where he is.

Battlefield 2 half-arsedly introduced a constant offset into this system, set at 100ms for everyone, by which the server offsets all your commands backwards in time. This works great if your ping is 100ms, and generally makes things 100ms less annoying if not. This is the value the toolbox alters when you launch the game; using your actual ping to the server instead of the constant 100ms
When I said that, I should have clarified a little. It's not like PR is dying in the sense of wilting, no one playing in 6 months. I mean that it is changing to a direction that is not fun, and a lot of people will stop playing this mod. Maybe you want this? It will be bad in the long run, trust me. But with PR moving to ARMA 2, does it even matter?

I have said this before, but I am a horrible PR addict and will not quit even if you crazy DEVs replace my m16 with a inverted banana launcher

PR is not for everyone, its not fun for you... thats your opinion but it still is to ALOT of people. And do i like the fact we are losing people? i dont care, it happens every release. Also PR is NOT moving to ArmA. PR:BF2 is still being developed.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #123
[XSYS]EIdorado
Banned
Supporting Member

I actually picked the 'whatever' option although I really like the change
It's good to see some fresh new tactics springing from it.

Keep up the good work devs.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #124
TOME Malambri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
I'm struggling to understand your quotation work here gazz, but it seems that you are recognizing the loss of players. It is 12 am, midnight local time, and PR is deadsville. Everyone's choice is either muttrah 24/7 with 8 people or auto deploy for an hour to insurgency. How is this not a problem?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:52 AM   #125
Dr.Roy.Mustang

Medics are now harder and harder to get... Why? Is it possible to reduce to a team of 2 members? Sometime all SQ's are full and I can only play with my brother / friend...

[Special Response Team]
Teamwork is one - Experience is second - Tactic is third
R.Mustang reporting in - Do you copy? ましょうか?
Enlisted since: PR 0.85

Old 04-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #126
maarit
Supporting Member

Quote:
I'm struggling to understand your quotation work here gazz, but it seems that you are recognizing the loss of players. It is 12 am, midnight local time, and PR is deadsville. Everyone's choice is either muttrah 24/7 with 8 people or auto deploy for an hour to insurgency. How is this not a problem?
0.9 was so demanding,thats why there are a little loss on players.
even if you have good computer,you are struggling with fps problems.
so i guess that theres is lot of players waiting patch.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #127
gazzthompson

Quote:
Yes i recognize the loss of players, it happens every release.

New release
lots of new players try it
Players dont like it and leave
back to core playerbase

Happens every release ^

Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #128
ma21212
Supporting Member

i unstalled, why? lag. i used to be able to play alot of maps like qwi, now qwi is unplayable.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #129
gazzthompson

And thats got what to do with .9 rally point change?

Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #130
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
i unstalled, why? lag. i used to be able to play alot of maps like qwi, now qwi is unplayable.
Then you have to reinstall everything when the performance patch is released... oops.

Closed Thread

Tags
change, opinion, point, rally