project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #21
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Re: are people still careless in v0.9?

it was like that my first few games, but from what i see it's starting to improve a bit. very slowly of course. i probably only noticed cause i play only on week ends, whereas if you play every day you probably wont notice the change

Anything can be a weapon, anyone can be a threat. Never under estimate the combat ability of your opposition. He may seem weak and harmless now but even a dead man can carry a few pounds of explosives in his gut or deliver a decisive blow by rotting away in your water supply.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #22
Pariel

There are, and will always be, retards in game.

I personally think that if you're playing PR without a mic, you're not going to play well. And if you're not using that mic to communicate constantly with your squad, you're still not playing well.

Communication generally solves most problems, and slight amounts of care prevent you from rolling the trucks and BRDM (only things I've rolled that I can remember).
Pariel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #23
maarit
Supporting Member

worst thing what i saw,happened few days ago.i was in silent eagle in a1 flag capping it with my squadleader.when it was capped,he just committed suicide.i was wtf?...
and then he spawned other side of the map.
he jumped in truck,take the rest of squad with him and drived somewhere.

yes,it was much quicker method to change your place but just stupid.
i disconnected from server.
i think this happen when you dont care who wins(you dont care if you lose tickets)
you just want action.
i just wish that in the end,winning is more important...and when its more important,people dont want lose tickets(cos you gonna lose the game)
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #24
Celestial1

Yes, people are careless, there's no mistaking it.

They will suffer for it in the long run, with the new changes. They'll adapt, or they'll be easy targets.

To the victor goes the spoils.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #25
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: are people still careless in 0.9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
takes literally about 15 seconds. if you get bored for doing something that takes 15 seconds how do you ever play this mod?

as for OP: people will ALWAYS be careless... its a game.
Exactly, plus many hands make light work. If you see someone not helping to build but are around, just press call for help and shoot around their feet. Usually does the job to get their attention.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #26
NyteMyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
takes literally about 15 seconds. if you get bored for doing something that takes 15 seconds how do you ever play this mod?

as for OP: people will ALWAYS be careless... its a game.
There's a difference between 15 seconds of walking towards something and watching a shovel go up and down for 15 seconds.

Yes, shoveling for 15 seconds is BORING

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #27
Lange

Send a message via AIM to Lange Send a message via MSN to Lange

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteMyre View Post
There's a difference between 15 seconds of walking towards something and watching a shovel go up and down for 15 seconds.

Yes, shoveling for 15 seconds is BORING
Dude if you seriously think that im sorry but you will have a very hard time doing anything in this mod if you can't stay idle for just a few minutes at the time. If you hate shoveling the basic point is learn to like it or you will be missing out a huge gameplay concept of this mod.
Lange is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #28
Phantom2

Let's see. People Crashing Chinooks every 2 seconds in Operation Archer. Whole squads getting killed by a single player on Karbala. and APCs being reckless on Ramiel...Pretty much, but I hope this is the storm and soon will be the calm.
Phantom2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #29
Nyarlathotep

Shoveling does actually annoy me, but not because of how long it takes so much as the tempo the shovel goes at - for whatever reason, it just annoys me and I kind of want to shovel faster, even if it takes the same amount of time to actually build it. Oh, well... that's probably why I usually either play SL or medic :P

More on topic, though, I do notice a lack of firebases in general. I think the general hive-mind of PR has not quite adjusted itself to the new rhythm games take on with more firebase-building, so oftentimes you just end up with a shortage. More of an issue in Insurgency than anything else, I think.
Nyarlathotep is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #30
Ford_Jam

People who hate building FB's

1. Equip shovel and approach deployable asset
2. Rest something heavy on Mouse1
3. Go and get a drink
4. ???
5. You have a drink and a built FB
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
careless, people, v09