project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #61
Zynk

Default Re: Optimize, but don't nerf the graphics for ancient comps

I think the Blacksands team should start concentrating on making <1km sized maps which are balanced for 64-player games. this would solve gamer-side lag and provide a more useful and fun experence for every gamer, even for those who are squadless. (think about Muttrah; you have 3 Inf squads on MEC fortress when MEC is holding docks...and all other squads are in Vehicles...)

having smaller map-file sizes is the first step the DEV team can take towards faster and more consistent gameplay. then they can look into simplifying geometries and lowering texture resolutions while keeping the visual standard top priority. some of the most popular games today have the worst graphics. that's because they concentrate more on balancing the gameplay. and then they make it look sparkely for the intense-visual fanatic in all of us ;-P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zynk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #62
Shaihuluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynk View Post
I think the Blacksands team should start concentrating on making <1km sized maps
I can actualy agree with that. I mean, it was a pretty cool novelty to have maps like kashan, but they really tend to be unsuitable for infantry combat as opposed to tank brawls. On top of that, we'll have more map variety.

----------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
This was your thread

This is your thread now
----------------------------------------
Celestial1: I shall call you "S:/" or "S drive".
Shaihuluid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #63
Feriluce

They already said multiple times that 1km maps are being fased out, in favor of 2-4km maps.
Feriluce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #64
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaihuluid View Post
I can actualy agree with that. I mean, it was a pretty cool novelty to have maps like kashan, but they really tend to be unsuitable for infantry combat as opposed to tank brawls. On top of that, we'll have more map variety.
There is tons of games for that already, with stunning grafics on an Geforce 8800. And the maps come as infantery option too.

Kashan was a novelty and with quinling pretty much the only one of its kind. There are plenty of infantery maps, maps with assets that play like infantery maps, but few combined arms maps. Silent eagle is a great map imo, less armor more places for infantery combat but you still get CAS, just what the doctor ordered.
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #65
0331SgtSpyUSMC
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to 0331SgtSpyUSMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynk View Post
I think the Blacksands team should start concentrating on making <1km sized maps which are balanced for 64-player games. this would solve gamer-side lag and provide a more useful and fun experence for every gamer, even for those who are squadless. (think about Muttrah; you have 3 Inf squads on MEC fortress when MEC is holding docks...and all other squads are in Vehicles...)

having smaller map-file sizes is the first step the DEV team can take towards faster and more consistent gameplay. then they can look into simplifying geometries and lowering texture resolutions while keeping the visual standard top priority. some of the most popular games today have the worst graphics. that's because they concentrate more on balancing the gameplay. and then they make it look sparkely for the intense-visual fanatic in all of us ;-P
No offence, but if you want a faster pace game, you should play mw2 or that sort of games. PPl play this mod not for a fast game play, but rather for team play and proper coordination. If you search forums, you can learn that the whole idea is to get away from those little maps where you can almost shoot grenades from main to main and move to the 4km maps

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it. Piss on it and walk away

|
|
0331SgtSpyUSMC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #66
Doom721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper_dog14 View Post

Really?

Perhaps before throwing down money for a new PC you could give not running on all high except lighting on wide-screen a try?

Unless I missed something of course...
I ran on low and had the SAME terrible perfomance that my rig that runs the game in .87 PERFECTLY at 40fps ON EVERY MAP IN 64 PLAYER COMBAT

So lets see .87 HIGH 40+fps

.9 LOW DROPS TO 20 FPS IN CITIES

Wonder what caused that on maps with only minor changes, and no changes to my hardware HRRMMMMMMMM

Maybe you could think the obvious that I tried this ALREADY

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn
( .3
)
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #67
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom721 View Post
I ran on low and had the SAME terrible perfomance that my rig that runs the game in .87 PERFECTLY at 40fps ON EVERY MAP IN 64 PLAYER COMBAT

So lets see .87 HIGH 40+fps

.9 LOW DROPS TO 20 FPS IN CITIES

Wonder what caused that on maps with only minor changes, and no changes to my hardware HRRMMMMMMMM

Maybe you could think the obvious that I tried this ALREADY
OK man no need for that sort of thing, let's try to keep this civil.

Have you tried deleting your cache files? They can be found in the BF2 folder in your documents. I do it every couple of days and it sorts out my lag very nicely.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #68
Doom721

Ive run CCcleaner, reinstalled video drivers in safe mode, defragged numerous times, and my video card is overclocked more than previously.

Playable as long as I don't enter any major PR cities, horray silent eagle and yamalia running just fine

( .3
)
Old 02-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #69
Hunt3r

I ran into the supposed "huge performance drops" at Dragon Fly.

It was mostly just playable fps (30-50 FPS is quite playable in my book, flight sims play at 20.), however there were stutters into 1-3 fps, which really does make the game harder to play.

It was a nice map though.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #70
Doom721

Dragon fly is the only map that I do the 3fps spikes and my GPU goes from 60% useage to 100% for half a second :S

( .3
)

Tags
ancient, comps, graphics, nerf, optimize