project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #41
Filamu
Supporting Member

Default Re: TOW damage to front armor

I love the LAT changes at least, its fantastic that infantry have the ability to pushing tanks that get too close instead of just hiding and hoping the HAT is around.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #42
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
The TOW missile probably hit the very front section of the side armor that still counts as frontal armor.

Plz stop complaining so much, you can take out tanks very easily with LAT now. Since the update i had many encounters with tanks as infantry and mostly had no problem taking them out or at least repelling them.

You just pick the freak incidents and then claim that's how it is everytime, plz stop exaggerating.
Example with the Chally 2's ERA, I completely forgot about that area and costed me a kill, as shown here. T-90 has Kontakt 5 skirts towards the front as well, if you hit it, too bad.

X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:32 PM   #43
gwa1hir
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
The TOW missile probably hit the very front section of the side armor that still counts as frontal armor.

Plz stop complaining so much, you can take out tanks very easily with LAT now. Since the update i had many encounters with tanks as infantry and mostly had no problem taking them out or at least repelling them.

You just pick the freak incidents and then claim that's how it is everytime, plz stop exaggerating.
you think i experienced stuff like that only one time? you think im exaggerating? just stop talking to me man. and NO IT DID NOT HIT A FRONT ARMOR PART. you think im blind or something? who do you think you are talking to me like that acting like im some idiot who doesnt know what he talks abouts. and please tell me how tank atgms are not useless compared to ap shells who beat them now in every situation? is that overexaggerating as well??? tell me smart master !
since 1.4 is out i pay very accurate attention to all relevant situations regarding this matter. "stop complaining so much" people like you are really cancer to these kind of threads. you live in your dream world thinking everything is alright and everyone complaining is a hysterical, notorious complainer yeah?
and i dont know why people are talking about lats now. yes the lat change is totally fine and good. but it only works on maps with cover and when the tank gets very agressive. on kashan. khami etc. when you have to rely on tows u are fucked. i drive tanks now almost on a daily basis. and in so many situtaions where i would have been rekt pre patch, its now always "oh ah we are smoking now lets rtb" instead of a black screen that says "dead". its ridiculous what situations i outlived without getting either rekt or at least tracked.
Last edited by gwa1hir; 01-07-2017 at 06:39 PM..
Old 01-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #44
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwa1hir View Post
get good
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #45
gwa1hir
Banned
Supporting Member

that doesnt even make sense in this context.
#justNAthings i guess
gwa1hir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #46
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwa1hir View Post
you think i experienced stuff like that only one time? you think im exaggerating? just stop talking to me man. and NO IT DID NOT HIT A FRONT ARMOR PART. you think im blind or something? who do you think you are talking to me like that acting like im some idiot who doesnt know what he talks abouts. and please tell me how tank atgms are not useless compared to ap shells who beat them now in every situation? is that overexaggerating as well??? tell me smart master !
since 1.4 is out i pay very accurate attention to all relevant situations regarding this matter. "stop complaining so much" people like you are really cancer to these kind of threads. you live in your dream world thinking everything is alright and everyone complaining is a hysterical, notorious complainer yeah?
and i dont know why people are talking about lats now. yes the lat change is totally fine and good. but it only works on maps with cover and when the tank gets very agressive. on kashan. khami etc. when you have to rely on tows u are fucked. i drive tanks now almost on a daily basis. and in so many situtaions where i would have been rekt pre patch, its now always "oh ah we are smoking now lets rtb" instead of a black screen that says "dead". its ridiculous what situations i outlived without getting either rekt or at least tracked.
Because if I'm not wrong, ATGM OHKs tanks from the back and on some from side, AP doesn't. If you're in a TOW you better aim for the side, top or back. Side or back not visible? Tough shit.

If you're in a tank and want to use ATGMs, maneuver to their flank or back.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:59 PM   #47
gwa1hir
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
Because if I'm not wrong, ATGM OHKs tanks from the back and on some from side, AP doesn't. If you're in a TOW you better aim for the side, top or back. Side or back not visible? Tough shit.

If you're in a tank and want to use ATGMs, maneuver to their flank or back.
ap now OHK/OHB in the back as well thats the point and since it has way faster projectile speed its always the safer/better choice. same for sidehits damage wise. ap does more/same damage depending on where you hit but is easier to shoot. yes you have a bit more damage to the back but thats not really important since AP damage is still enough to killl/make em burn. and just imagening the flanking into the back scenario, if you fire the ATGM yeah he is dead but its takes longer and is harder to hit on moving targets. ap either killlls him or makes him burn and explode a few seconds later. these few seconds are most of the time not enough for the ambushed tank to spot your location and fire an accurate shot that hits you.
damage was the only advantage atgm had over AP and thats now gone or (for back hits) so minor that it doesnt matter anymore. we did some damage testing for the PRT tournament and you basically can throw ATGMs into the trash now
Last edited by gwa1hir; 01-07-2017 at 11:07 PM..
Old 01-08-2017, 06:17 AM   #48
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

This stops now gentlemen. No more responding to one another's feedback for a few posts. Post your own. This is getting too personal.

[R-DEV]Mineral is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #49
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
This stops now gentlemen. No more responding to one another's feedback for a few posts. Post your own. This is getting too personal.
There was a chart with new damages to armors on the forum somewhere, where was it?
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #50
DogACTUAL

Real tanks use ATGMs primarily for the extended engagement range, being able to attack other tanks at much greater distances, and the fact that they have the same power at all ranges contrary to a kinetic penetrator.
I am not sure if they are really stronger than a kinetic penetrator at closer ranges, depends on the type of armor that is being engaged i guess.

Hard to translate those properties into the game since we only have around 1km VD on most assetmaps.
Would be cool if there was a top attack mode, but the game engine probably can't do it.

Maybe make ATGMs easier to control and less recoil when launching them?
Also 2 TOWs per FOB or more TOWs per team overall?
Maybe ability to construct a single TOW independently from a FOB with 1 crate to surprise tanks?

In my opinion the best balance is giving weapons and vehicles the capabilites their real counterparts have as much as it is possible. Then balance it by adjusting the number of assets and the weapons that can defeat them.

So if you have a really strong tank that is superior to all the other stuff, give the other team more tanks and/or more AT kits and ATGM emplacements.
DogACTUAL is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, atgm, damage, front, front armor, poxo is ghey, tow, tow damage