project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #31
X-Alt

Default Re: TOW damage to front armor

It's so easy to TOW tanks. They give you their side all the time.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #32
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Except that inf doesn't fear assets because a 2cm wall can keep them safe from everything and they can just wait for the tank to slam a shell in their "hard cover" then pop up and remove him with HAT.
Ofcourse, the hurr durr armorwhores forget about the coax. Its all about tanks kills bruh, gets the APFSDS ready bruh, then complain about infantry killing them.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:04 PM   #33
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Ofcourse, the hurr durr armorwhores forget about the coax. Its all about tanks kills bruh, gets the APFSDS ready bruh, then complain about infantry killing them.
Your post did not make any sense as a reply to his point.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:55 AM   #34
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
Your post did not make any sense as a reply to his point.
Maybe. But to make it clearer, my squad got pinned by a Panther, and we couldn't do anything against it, despite having LAT. So, if a simple jeep can do it, so can anything with more armament. 1000 round of coax makes sure that nobody pops up. Therefore anybody complaining that INF doesn't fear aseets needs to GITGUD.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #35
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

I still believe TOWs should do more damage(30-40% as opposed to 14% or however ridiculously low it was said to be in the preview) to frontal armour to discourage Tank Crews attacking something designed to kill them head on with no worries, but honestly, there haven't been too many instances when tanks knew exactly where the TOW was and acted accordingly. It is the old problem of the team not communicating that a TOW is somewhere in an area, so the surprise effect is still present. And then it just so happens that the enemy tank does show its side to you more often than not. We all know how that's supposed to end.

The armour update in general plays out just as well as I hoped it would, only a few layers and a few maps(Bijar, CADshan) favour BluFor considerably now, but I can excuse that as genuine oversights on those who're doing the layers and I hope the next quick patch corrects these to level the playing field.

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: that's like 5% holocaust there
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:07 PM   #36
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
1000 round of coax makes sure that nobody pops up
No. It doesn't.

You know what does? Killing everyone.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:23 AM   #37
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
No. It doesn't.

You know what does? Killing everyone.
Thats even more effective indeed. Therefore using HE and it's splash damage can prevent the puny little INF to throw anything back at you. I was merely setting an example.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:59 AM   #38
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Thats even more effective indeed. Therefore using HE and it's splash damage can prevent the puny little INF to throw anything back at you. I was merely setting an example.
Welcome to war maggot. Sometimes, its just shit.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #39
gwa1hir
Banned
Supporting Member

yesterday i survived a lat in the back followed by a tow in the side a few seconds later with a T-90
...sorry devs but this is beyond ridiculous
and there is literally no use for tank atgms anymore. AP shells are way better in every situation now. you could remove the atgms completely from tanks and nobody would notice. was that your plan?
gwa1hir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #40
DogACTUAL

The TOW missile probably hit the very front section of the side armor that still counts as frontal armor.

Plz stop complaining so much, you can take out tanks very easily with LAT now. Since the update i had many encounters with tanks as infantry and mostly had no problem taking them out or at least repelling them.

You just pick the freak incidents and then claim that's how it is everytime, plz stop exaggerating.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, atgm, damage, front, front armor, poxo is ghey, tow, tow damage