project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
24 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #201
Murphy

Default Re: TOW damage to front armor

IDK, it just feels like they are taking away our toys because we have too much fun?

If we resolve balancing issues by removing the problem assets are we really finding a solid solution on the ground level ? (I mean to say will this make a difference to the guy on the TOW/with the HAT) Will the duel between a Tank and AT be any different in the end of it all, or will it just end up with AT being able to overwhelm Armour by virtue of number of assets?

I guess this is where I'm supposed to suggest an alternative, but other than taking small shots at tweaking damage values and maybe making TOWs more responsive (possibly including quicker to dig up, allowing INF easier time to fortify) I think lowering the number of heavily armored assets might be the easiest band-aid.

A lot of people will be considering that infantry can simply play with more intelligence and simply avoid Armour that is positioned in a powerful location, which is how you handle being surprised by a Tank. Ideally I'd like it so that said Tank cannot sit perched on a hill and dominate the surrounding area without fear of reprisal, this will not be achieved by simply removing a tank or putting it on delayed spawn.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:16 PM   #202
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

One of the biggest things about no spawn delay tanks especially is that they are rolling out and raping inf either when they are still in their trucks or before they can get a proper fob and tow network. Plus combined with the fact on rollout you know where the enemy is going to be, there isn't too much hiding or surprising. Atleast 20 even 10 minutes into a game the battle has spread out, a decent team should have multiple frontline fobs with tows and back up fobs, ambush teams have been able yo move into position and people should be braced for the impact of tanks.

About at vs armour balance, I don't think changing the hat too much is needed. It's a mobile asset and should be able to decide it's own destiny in regards to getting a side or rear shot. The bigger thing are the replaced missiles which can't move and even when they get accidentally found by a tank driving at them, they are at a disadvantage. Upping the missile damage of an atgm enmplacement against front armour to the equivalent of an AP shot would atleast make most armour think twice about staying in the fight
chrisweb89 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #203
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator

Initial delay will be different than respawn delay.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, atgm, damage, front, front armor, poxo is ghey, tow, tow damage