project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
mries
Supporting Member
Default Blowpipe

First of all, excellent work on the Falklands add-on.

My first match (on release day) on the Falklands I tried out the blowpipe.
Resulted in:
- 5 total shots with 3 individual kills
- 1st shot, first kill (huey)
- 2nd shot, way to ambitious and more of a try-out, missed a (friendly) jet (luckely)
- 3rd shot, kill on a jet
- 4rd shot, kill on a Chinook
- 5th shot, miss on a jet but with better aiming could have been a kill.

I think, from my first impressions, this weapon might be a bit overpowered in comparison with its reallife counterpart.
The Blowpipe is absolute horror for the slow moving choppers. For jets I think it is quite ok though.

The missile-speed is way to overpowered against choppers, would like to hear your opinion about it.

I do might have some sort of suggestion/solution (but first it is better to have more opinions and playtime):
- make a two slot blowpipe, 1 slot is a 'anti-jet' blowpipe with fast missile speed, the other slot (2) is 'anti-heli' blowpipe with much slower missile speed. with maglinked so you only have two missiles.
While the anti-jet does have close to 0 damage to a heli and visa versa it comes down to the player to select the right missile for its supposed target. This to give a heli a bit more chance and requiring more skills/calculating from the player firing the blowpipe.

Nevertheless, would like other opinions about the blowpipe and apologies for some sort of suggestion outside sugg. forum

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Blowpipe

Please no to the two different missile types, if you want something like that go play the new battlefield series, this game is supposed to be authentic and logical with an emphasis on gameplay.

Jets and helicopter can stay pretty safe by avoiding to fly closer than 1km to enemy infantry presence. Remember, this map was just released, therefore a lot of the aircraft you shot down were just testing the waters and getting used to the map and aa systems, expect it to be harder to get aa kills soon. Also a lot more jets equals more kills by aa.

I do wish real MCLOS were possible though but the engine doesn't allow for it.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Ye, the massive problem with CLOS SAMs, is their effectivness aginst choppers. TBH I don't think there is anything we can really do to stop them being effective vs choppers and making two versions of the missile wouldn't be in the spirt of PR gameplay, unless it was realistic, which it isn't.

A better soultion may be to make it so the explosion from the missile does hardly any damage vs choppers and requires a direct hit in order to do any significant damage, but still, kinda a gamey soultion I would rather avoid.

A better soultion still would be to possibly increase the proximity detonation settings to only work on aircraft flying at high speeds (ie, faster than choppers flies but will still explode near jets), so the missile will only really work vs choppers if it hits them directly, otherwise it will just fly right on by without exploding. This might be the best soultion unless anyone else has any other ideas.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
A better soultion still would be to possibly increase the proximity detonation settings to only work on aircraft flying at high speeds (ie, faster than choppers flies but will still explode near jets), so the missile will only really work vs choppers if it hits them directly, otherwise it will just fly right on by without exploding. This might be the best soultion unless anyone else has any other ideas.
What's the current range anyway?

And if so, maybe not remove it, rather just make it smaller on slower moving vehicles.

But I feel like this is mostly, a Falklands issue, where the map is big and viewdistance large. I haven't tried CLOS, or even seen them on any other map like Black gold, Hades peak, Burning sands (in fact I don't even think i've played those in 1.4...). Worth considering if the above is something to implement is to do the same on the rest of the CLOS systems.

EDIT: I do believe that the helis on Falklands should be more careful though.

Last edited by sweedensniiperr; 12-01-2016 at 08:17 AM..
Old 11-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
agus92

Quote:
Ye, the massive problem with CLOS SAMs, is their effectivness aginst choppers. TBH I don't think there is anything we can really do to stop them being effective vs choppers and making two versions of the missile wouldn't be in the spirt of PR gameplay, unless it was realistic, which it isn't.

A better soultion may be to make it so the explosion from the missile does hardly any damage vs choppers and requires a direct hit in order to do any significant damage, but still, kinda a gamey soultion I would rather avoid.

What about the other end: increase the chopper's speed. Few people has complained on the forums that they're too slow.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #6
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by agus92 View Post
What about the other end: increase the chopper's speed. Few people has complained on the forums that they're too slow.
Good idea. Also like i said, play smart. When you fly a helicopter on this map stay far away from the enemy infantry, you don't need to bring supplies or infantry directly to the frontline, it is a big map with vast VD afterall.

No need to change the CLOS missile in any way imo and that is coming from a primarily asset/CAS player.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #7
Roque_THE_GAMER

One problem i got with the blow pipe is the initial recoil that trow the sights up making the missile going upwards and barely miss close targets, i missed 2 shoots on a low close flying skyrider because the missile goes over him.
This is also a problem with the guided HATs.

Sorry i cant into English...
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #8
X-Alt

The Blowpipe is easily one of the most viable weapons in PR. Low deviation, quick reload, and high damage.

Extremely useful as an anti-vehicle weapon, I was able to nail a full truck at the edge of VD on Goose Green. They didn't have time to swerve out of the way, even if I had to move it down because of the initial recoil. It really stops truck rushes dead in their tracks. Two shots kill the Scorpion without issue too.

Also a great anti structure weapon that forces snipers and ARs to use hills and makes the Barn unhabitable. Perfect weapon to support the MILAN.

Not so great against low-flying jets though, but hey it wasn't exactly a jet killer IRL.

PLEASE do not nerf damage against INF, it adds a brand new dynamic to INF combat and makes FOB defense more rewarding.
Last edited by X-Alt; 12-03-2016 at 07:08 PM..
Old 12-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
Extremely useful as an anti-vehicle weapon, I was able to nail a full truck at the edge of VD on Goose Green. They didn't have time to swerve out of the way, even if I had to move it down because of the initial recoil. It really stops truck rushes dead in their tracks. Two shots kill the Scorpion without issue too.
It should (and did when I used it ingame last week) take two shots to kill a truck and a lot more than two shots to kill the Scorpion, can't recall how many thou. Are you sure they both weren't already damaged quite a bit before hand?

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:55 PM   #10
X-Alt

Quote:
It should (and did when I used it ingame last week) take two shots to kill a truck and a lot more than two shots to kill the Scorpion, can't recall how many thou. Are you sure they both weren't already damaged quite a bit before hand?
Just confirmed today, two shots will flame up a Scorpion no problem.

The Arg M35 catches on fire and blows up almost instantly, and even the slightest terrain damage spells doom. The MAN goes black smoking, but in my experience they too will usually blow up in actual combat.
Last edited by X-Alt; 12-05-2016 at 06:13 PM..

Tags
blowpipe, poxo is ghey