project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
21 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #11
Cushing63
Default Re: Combat Medic - Healing too slow?

Responses to other comments:

*I love the medic kit and I've been playing the various iterations of PR since 09. I go with whatever kit the squad leader asks of me or opt for the medic kit.

*I agree with Freddie. No one complained in V.98.

*If this were about realism, the rifle noises wouldn't have changed so much. AK47 has a distinctive sound. Now, you really can't tell the difference from other weapons. So much for realism. The helicopters sound FANTASTIC though. Grenades sound like mortars and overpowered. Now, we just get spammed with grenades.
So some good aspects. Some not so good.

I feel healing takes too long.
In v98, you can "help the team" by picking up down teammates. Now, with healing taking so long, you lose touch with your squad when you stop to help other teammates. So I'll be unlikely to stop and revive other teammates if the heal times remain the same.
Example:
On fools road, I was in a squad that was on the attack, but the defending squad was going down (at Airfield) left and right. As a team player, I revived some of the defending squad - just to 'quickly' help out. But after reviving the defending squads minimum of 27 times and continuous healing of those people, my squad was halfway across the map. I never made it out of Airfield. It deprived my squad of a medic and to not help out (since I was the only medic around) would have lost the flag.
Was an epic defense.

There were instances where people are revived and didn't need healing. Either a glitch or just random.
Cushing63 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushing63 View Post
*I agree with Freddie. No one complained in V.98.
actually some did: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ling-time.html

Quote:
I feel healing takes too long.
In v98, you can "help the team" by picking up down teammates. Now, with healing taking so long, you lose touch with your squad when you stop to help other teammates. So I'll be unlikely to stop and revive other teammates if the heal times remain the same.
Example:
On fools road, I was in a squad that was on the attack, but the defending squad was going down (at Airfield) left and right. As a team player, I revived some of the defending squad - just to 'quickly' help out. But after reviving the defending squads minimum of 27 times and continuous healing of those people, my squad was halfway across the map. I never made it out of Airfield. It deprived my squad of a medic and to not help out (since I was the only medic around) would have lost the flag.
Was an epic defense.
You can still help the team. I revived tons of blue guys, but when the SL makes the call to leave you better stick with him. If you really were the only medic on the flag then there is the problem. Getting hit or even wounded should be a serious problem for the player hit and for the entire squad, increased healing times help with that.
Also the bleeding effect got more forgiving, the blood pulsing is slower, so staying wounded for some time is not the end of the world.

Quote:
There were instances where people are revived and didn't need healing. Either a glitch or just random.
its a bug and being worked on.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
[R-DEV]Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Indeed – the healing process should take much longer, maybe a good additional +15s?
Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

Yeah cause its totally awesome to stare at the butt of your squadmates all day long....The new healiing time is fine, before it was too fast. If you dont want that the squad is back up that fast, there should be a malus for the wounded ones, not for the medic. Sometimes i ask myself how often people who suggest a healing time 30sec+ are actually playing medic regulary...
ghostfool84 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, healing, medic, slow