project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
21 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default [100p] General Feedback

Use this for general feedback for 100p Events.
Any specific map related feedback should go in this thread: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f253...ml#post1780516

Rallypoint discussion has its own thread as well: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f252...llypoints.html

Feel free to discuss the rest on this thread, especially focus on the things we've changed lately:

Quote:
2 medics per squad
Removed kit allocation delay for all infantry kits
UAV doesn't expire anymore, takes 1min to relocate
Amount of needed informants to give commander intel reduced from 6 to 4; time for informants to deplay reduced from 180 to 60 seconds.
Removed need of mortar firemission
Removed ability to pickup enemy kits

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by BloodyDeed; 07-06-2012 at 08:46 PM..
Old 06-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: [100p] General Feedback

Kudos to the people setting this up. The server ran flawless (at least when I was playing), and no technical issues whatsoever.

However, the gameplay is still the same; unfortunately it pretty much always ends up with nothing but a cluster-fuck, at least for the infantry squads. Communicating with other squads is extremely hard, as it feels like no one is listening as they're busy trying to hold their own 8-man squad together. Considering there are 100 players on, the chat-activity increases - a lot. This is something I, and others, find distracting and it's something the admins need to work on, not encourage, as some of the do.

All in all: Great server running flawless, same gameplay which prevents me from having a good time.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer

The server was very stable, it was incredible No bugs what so ever. Mumble was also more clean then usual. But yeah, saxoni you are right. But it's so hectic that I believe I won't be squadleading much more On kashan I was doing logistics, what meant I had to do, mortars, trans and FOB building. And Danger_6 made sure I had enough work to do (he was CO) + all the other SL's trying to use my trans and mortars. But I tried to get as much interaction with all SL's as possible.

What I mostly get frustrated about is the little clan/friend squads that add nothing to the game. I recently resigned as PRTA admin but I feel that admins should be quicker to resign SL's that do nothing. For example while danger said to all infantry to move on objective, this small clan squad asked my trans to go somewhere so they could get some kills on the other side of the map... Got me pretty frustrated.

On topic, would be nice if in the next update 2 medic kits were possible per squad. I also liked the 100 player count, didn't feel that hectic in comparison to the old 128 and even 200 days.

One more suggestion, but this is up to you and Wicca, maybe run the next test on our Canadian box and on their hours. I know that it's a test server, but I think the NA playerbase would really appreciate to have some 64+ fun as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Mineral is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Vista
PR Server License Moderator

The sever ran flawless, I got no lag spikes or any lag related problems.
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member

I dont know about you guys, but I had alot of coordination when I was Infantry SL. SpawnCPT and Arnoldio and the R-COY guys during burning sands. That was epic.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Out of curiosity, what was the squad size set to for 100p?

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #7
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

8 players per squad. Felt pretty perfect tbh.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
[R-DEV]Mineral

@Rudd: 8
and we ran a rule that no locked squads were allowed so everyone could have a spot.

edit: I keep getting ninjad on this forum.

[R-DEV]Mineral is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
Andersson
Supporting Member

IT ran perfect, no problem squad leading and combining efforts. Ran like a charm, I didnt experience the server crash.

I am hoping for more tests with this 100 man server in the near future. Hopefully there will be a schedule released for 'up' times.

Good job PRTA and all other admins present.
Thanks to the community for making yesterday a fantastic night in PR.

Andersson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #10
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
8 players per squad. Felt pretty perfect tbh.

my favourite size

seriously, that's my favourite squad size.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
100p, feedback, general