project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Phenom 955
Default Laser Guided Bombs

So I would consider myself a decent jet pilot, but I've never actually learned how to use bombs. Essentially, I would just fly to the lase at about 500ft, wait 3 seconds after I see the little box, and drop the bomb.

However, sometimes this does not happen. Bomb hits completely off target.

What is the proper procedure for dropping bombs?
Phenom 955 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Daniel

Default Re: Laser Guided Bombs

Get minimum 1000 ft high, then go 45 degree straight down to target and @ about 500-700 ft attitude or so you can hear ur pilot say sth. like "I got a laze!", that means it is locked, so then directly release the bomb onto it and head away (best with using flares ^^)

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z
using Firefox on Android 4.4.4 "KitKat"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Daniel pretty much said it, although the angle doesn't matter. Fly in when the lase is on target, wait for the (American) guy to say "I've got lock", and drop the bomb. The reason why your bomb goes off target is probably because you don't wait for the bomb to lock on target, or the laser disappears before the bomb has hit.

Popping flares might be a smart idea too.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

A little tip aswell, you don't have to wait for your guy to say i have lock before the bomb drops, I have found that my bomb will still guide aslong as I get lock shortly after dropping. So by dropping early you reduce your exposure time.
chrisweb89 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
ytman

Oh and really really skilled pilots + spotter can do this.

No Safe Place (Kashan 8-3-11).mp4 - YouTube

Obviously, the plane was NOT 1000m high.

In fact they were well below the 500m mark. You just need to make sure the bomb is in flight for a good 2-3 seconds.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #6
Ca6e

1. Fly on 1300+, out of AA reach
2. dive bomb with 30-70 degree angle + poping flares
3. drop bomb above 400+ (bomb must have 400m of flying path, u can go lover with straigt bombing from alt 400-700 m, but is very risky becouse of AA/AAV)
4. Wait for "i got lock" or some chinisee chink ponk cin, wich i dont know how to spell, or other voices
5.drop the bomb and get the hell out of there.
6. land refill , whait for more

ytman: i am pretty shure this could be on coop with bot planes they can do this
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
Predator.v2

I think you guys dive way too low.

My "full" approach.

1. Once i see/hear about a CAS Request, i tell my CAS squadleader to put an attackmarker on the CAS map marker and tell the CAS requesting SL to be ready for relaze.

2. I turn at a rough distance of 1-2 km and tell my SL: "Relaze now" when i am about 10-15 secs away from the target.

3. I approach the target at roughly 1200m.

4. A few seconds away from the target i drop down to around 900m level flight and drop a flare every 1-2 seconds.

5. I wait for the lock on message (which language whatever) and drop the bomb.

6. I rise again to around 1500m and check my six for enemy fighters.

At 900m you got around a 90% rate of hitting the target, but its way more secure than dropping down to 500m (aa or spotting). You hardly ever get shot down, unless an enemy fighter hunts you down.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
Ca6e

Yeah but u cant see your target at +900m isnt that right, so u prey that enm didnt lase your friendly units. In my option, u can lock on right target, even if enm lased our trops. If u pop flares, before droping, AA have no chance he will lock u when u are 700m high and 300 away of target. And also i never could maneg to lock on lase higher then 800m and i mean never, i did try it also with flying above targets on 900m altitude, above lase, and nothing happend. But anyway i will try few more times your way of bomb diving. thx
Old 03-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
ytman

AA doesn't need to lock. Just to come near you. Try it.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Ca6e

ytman that is true, in some cases, if u fly real close to AA, and missile explode before it goes up, but its also twiki becouse if u lock with AA to flares in 50% missile hit the plane. So u dont realy need to lock on plane and u can shoot it down.

Tags
bombs, guided, laser