project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
23 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #21
TheComedian

Default Re: Medic Self Healing: I liked it in .966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracler View Post
Nope...everyone else but the medic is rambo....as it has always been.
Every kit can be a rambo kit in the right hands, but medics used to be the most convenient since you could retreat and heal yourself in a corner indefinitely.

A person can rambo with a pilot kit if he's good with a pistol. The key is not to get shot and let the enemy come to you.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic52084_1.gif
TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #22
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
Every kit can be a rambo kit in the right hands, but medics used to be the most convenient since you could retreat and heal yourself in a corner indefinitely.

A person can rambo with a pilot kit if he's good with a pistol. The key is not to get shot and let the enemy come to you.
what i really meant was that If the medic is alive, and his patient is till on his feet, he can heal wounds on unlimited amount of people......he is a walking hospital frankly.....

but people still think the MEDIC is the Rambo class since he can heal himself about 3 times.
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #23
Rollonio

I play medic quite often and think that 12 might be a little excessive and like Rudd's idea of 9 but I also agree with Whiskey that I liked the version where you had to switch kits and have teammates heal you, it added to teamplay imo.

One thing to remember though is that the medic's patches aren't just there to heal yourself. Unless you are in full cover and with no enemy's nearby, you should always drop a patch on your patient before reviving so that he isn't black/white once revived and can run, not stagger for cover as well as cover you effectively. When i play medic, virtually all my patches are used during revives.
Rollonio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #24
Mellanbror

I get what OP was saying. As "the constant medic" that I am, I found .966 to be more challenging and fun.

Effective squads needed to play a tighter game and less reckless. Having a steady supplyline had become more essential to survival. Before taking on new missions, everyone had to refill their kits (It was prefered to use downed SM's own fielddressing).
As a medic you did not want to overuse "fastrevive", you needed to save dressings for yourself if things got bad.
So it came down to securing perimiter around the wounded for a safer revive. Teamwork.

Also, the switching of kits when you got wounded yourself made squads more aware of the need for tighter gameplay. Only downside with this method was (is?) that kits dissapears in the ground, on some maps, upon drop. Helping/healing the original medic does sound like a reality thing. I'm sure the troops out there are willing to lend a hand when needed. This is PR version of it

IMO, medkit was overpowered pre .966. Take a hit, patch up and re-engage. And it did not have any effect on squad if I got hit. I could just patch myself up fast in cover.
In .966 it made an effect.

Players don't want nerfed downed kits. Everyone (sry, speaking genrelly here) playing any role want their kit/asset to be powered up instead. E.g More/better rockets for Cobra! Did yall notice when lmg was nerfed down in devation, how it became a less wanted kit?

So ofc most players don't want medkit nerfed. Not the medics, they dont want to be less powerful, who does?. And the SM's dont, because then they have to be more concerned about surviving and pitching in with the medic-aspects of the game, instead of laying at their sweet spot, with the marksman kit lining up kills.

I think it just needed some time for it to work better. Especially now since I read that kit-dissapearing was fixed on some maps.

Thx for reading

With respect / Mellanbror
Mellanbror is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #25
WhiskeyHotel

@Mellanbror

I agree with your opinion, and like what you said/meant by "tighter gameplay". I like that, and that's exactly what it's like. Because when I'm a medic and soloing it, I'm honestly, completely useless, but when I'm with my squad, and we're working together, I can tell them that I need one of them to pick up my kit and heal me... I always say "I need a medic" and I always get, "You are a medic, dumbass". :/
WhiskeyHotel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #26
TheComedian

In .96 the kit simply became a hassle so squad leaders often didn't have one in the squad, instead opting to regroup with a rally instead of getting tied down with reviving and kit switching.

It's all fine if you have a full squad to back you up, not so much when you are the only survivor, you have no more bandages and the enemy is hunting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellanbror View Post
Did yall notice when lmg was nerfed down in devation, how it became a less wanted kit?
The LMG is a sniper as it is now and its very demanded.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic52084_1.gif
TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #27
WhiskeyHotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
The LMG is a sniper as it is now and its very demanded.

I don't usually hear people fighting over the kit, but one things for sure, the one who's using it, is the one who leads in kills on the team...
Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #28
Killer2354

I actually liked the amount of field dressings the medic had in .966. It made you take more precautions (which a good medic would do anyway imo) than you did pre .966. As a medic, I was always cautious, careful to not get myself shot. That worked out for the squads, allowing the squad to stay alive longer and only need ammo later, not in the middle of a fight. I think 9 patches is too many- starts getting towards the line of rambo medics again (12 is WAY too many). Just my 1 cent.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #29
WhiskeyHotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer2354 View Post
I actually liked the amount of field dressings the medic had in .966.
How many was that? Because I never got any. :P

Old 08-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #30
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyHotel View Post
How many was that? Because I never got any. :P
Six, 6.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
966, healing, medic