project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
16 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #31
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Default Re: BaE unveils FRES-SV candidate

According to ARRSE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gassing_Badgers
Replacement of hulls and increased capability.

It is the capability part to which OPSEC applies, and it would be wrong to discuss the exact details in this forum until MoD decides just how much it is going to reveal.
eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #32
Geordie-72
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Public display of FRES-SV:

Army set to get first new family of armoured vehicles for decades 14.09.11 - YouTube

Sent from Bletchley Park using Enigma

__________________________________________________ ________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Geordie-72 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #33
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Eleven people? So three crew and eight dismounts? Impressive if that's the Scout Variant! Why don't we just replace the Warriors with the IFV version of this rather than spending a boat load on the WLIP and WCSP programs? Hell, we're going to be using the same turret and gun on them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by eddie; 09-17-2011 at 09:35 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #34
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Eleven people? So three crew and eight dismounts? Impressive if that's the Scout Variant! Why don't we just replace the Warriors with the IFV version of this rather than spending a boat load on the WLIP and WCSP programs? Hell, we're going to be using the same turret and gun on them...
I don't think he was specifically talking about the recce variant, as the GD spokesman said "infantry vehicle with eleven person capacity" before mentioning the scout vehicle. And looking through the rear hatch, there, if they can fit an 8-person section in there, they must mean "if they're achondroplastic dwarves." Looks like a lot of RSTA equipment is stuck back there.

And since they're talking about an infantry version, it sounds like they will be replacing Warrior with it. It sounds like what we've been doing with the Bradley M2 IFV and M3 CFV variants. The M3 carries more stowed ammo and commo gear and only a two-man dismount element.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #35
CastleBravo

If you and seven of your buddies can fit in here then you should join the circus.

CastleBravo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #36
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

The turret reminds me of the Challenger 2's, except tiny and not as long in proportion; or am I crazy?

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #37
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

i hope canadian army look into that too =( those things just seems amazing.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #38
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
The turret reminds me of the Challenger 2's, except tiny and not as long in proportion; or am I crazy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post

I think that turret matches more than the CR2's turret.

Regarding the vehicle, all CV90's don't come standard equipped with add-on armour, as it's only applied to combat zones, if available. Will it be the same with this vehicle? Otherwise I'm afraid this is going to be one heavy, bulky and rather expensive scout vehicle.

MonkeySoldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #39
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

We didn't choose the CV90 or that turret The MoD selected the General Dynamics licensed ASCOD 2 as the preferred bid with a Lockheed Martin turret. The turret you have in that picture is the BaE developed MTIP turret.

eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:16 AM   #40
MonkeySoldier

I know the British MoD didn't went for the CV90, but I find the CV90's turret visually more comparable than the CR2's turret.

MonkeySoldier is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
200, bae, candidate, creates, deal, fressv, jobs, light, newbridge, tank, unveils