project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
verbaldude
Default M44 Mosin Nagant

so i got a m44 for christmas at a local gun show refurbished by century arms and i wonder what you guys think of the rifle it self. like the only thing i noticed it doesnt have any metal in the holes where the strap goes.
Attached Thumbnails
moisin-nagant-002.jpg   moisin-nagant-003.jpg  
verbaldude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default re: M44 Mosin Nagant

edit: my mistake, see below.

Thats a really nice rifle, you're a lucky bastard
Last edited by dtacs; 12-09-2009 at 03:15 AM..
Old 12-09-2009, 02:07 AM   #3
steve_06-07

I have the standard length Mosin from 1933, I love it. I heard that the carbine has a very nice muzzle flash.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
steve_06-07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

I just know it kicks like a mule. My brother has one at our house. We took it shooting a few times at my uncles. And yeah, its got a punch. The kar98 felt soft compared to it :P

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Does it have an octagonal receiver or rounded? If its rounded, it was made after 1936.

Either way thats a really nice rifle, you're a lucky bastard
*blink*

If it's an M44, it was manufactured in 1944 or later.

I own two Mosin Nagants currently and have shot many,

Buy some head space gauges -- No-Go & Go Gauges (Yankee Engineers made some nice / cheap coin-style gauges.) If you forgo the gauges, be conscious of any gas venting the action. A kaboom in a Mauser may be scary and cost you a rifle, but you likely won't be injured -- a Mosin nagant bolt through the face may cost you your life.

Have fun, be safe.

-REad
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
Bellator

Do you want PKM for next christmas? Same caliber. Think about it.
Bellator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #7
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

M44 is a fine rifle. It's pretty short so it's not a pain to store, AND it has a bayonet

You should learn the bayonet drill for kicks, in between shooting.

Anything Nagant is pretty good, but like Read says, get some new gauges.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]ReadMenace View Post
I own two Mosin Nagants currently and have shot many,

Buy some head space gauges -- No-Go & Go Gauges (Yankee Engineers made some nice / cheap coin-style gauges.) If you forgo the gauges, be conscious of any gas venting the action. A kaboom in a Mauser may be scary and cost you a rifle, but you likely won't be injured -- a Mosin nagant bolt through the face may cost you your life.

Have fun, be safe.

-REad
One of the places that I've purchased from in the past was this place, they have a lot of nice accessories including those mentioned by Read. I'm sure you can find something useful there, if the location isn't a problem. They've got a deal going right now for 10 new G3 20-rd mags for only $10 each. Good example of what kind of deals and pricing they offer. Really an awesome place to shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Do you want PKM for next christmas? Same caliber. Think about it.
A PKM you say? Take a look here, for a civilian-legal PKM.

It's semi-only, but they are a lot of fun at the range. A buddy bought one a few years ago, and we take it out about 2-3 times per year. Ammo can be harder to find here in the US, but when you do find some it's fairly cheap. Most of the time we have to order online. But at around $8000 for one of these, some people are turned off by its price tag.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
burghUK

That is such an american Gift!

Yet im somehow jealous.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

Cool gun, what's your'e gonna do whit it?

rampo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
m44, mosin, mosoin, nagant