project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 02:56 AM   #11
Warpig-
Supporting Member

Default Re: US Army Considers new Camouflage for Afghanistan

I don't know why they don't go back to three colour desert either. Now they're just trying to un f**k an inferior colour choice/pattern and are making it worse.

Surely multicam wouldn't have cost this much? But leave it to the government to over complicate things

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cause we throw bombs on it, throw bombs on it. Just smash something, yeah mosh for me.
Warpig- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:53 AM   #12
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
I dont get it, why doesnt the army have a dedicated desert camo anymore? I know that acus are supposed to be a single solution for all enviroments, but I dont get why, was it to save money? I bet the marines arent complaining about their desert marpat.
Back when I was last in, I had 2 pair woodland temperate BDU, 2 pair woodland summer BDU, and 2 pair desert 3-color. Combine that with several pieces of tan web gear that was mixed with woodland gear, extra desert boots, etc and you can imagine why my TA-50 barely fit in my locker anymore.

From my understanding, the reason behind issue of a single uniform was to reduce the equipment issue and admin problems associated with having 3 different uniforms. The pattern was also supposed to help on the newer battlefield, and some features were designed around soldier feedback to improve comfort and survivability.

Unfortunately, the Army chose a poor uniform. The USMC had the right idea in retaining a uniform for desert warfare and a uniform for woodland/jungle. Hopefully the Army will do it right this time and issue another uniform to complement the ACU. That UCP Delta camo looks like the current ACU splashed with mud. I'd have to see it in person in a woodland/jungle environment to tell how well it works, but I'm guessing it's nowhere near as effective as MC or our old WC.
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #13
Panzerfire

Send a message via MSN to Panzerfire Send a message via Skype™ to Panzerfire

lol
That camo is horrible. Not even sure if it's gonna help blend the Army boys.

They should just knock the USMC doors and ask "Can I haz some MARPAT plz?".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USMCMIDN: KILL EVERYTHING!
gx: KILL! KILL! KILL 'EM ALL!!
[R-DEV]Dunehunter: Great attitude for hearts and minds
Panzerfire is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #14
fludblud

this is what will win the war!

the taliban will feel such pity for the poor souls that have to wear such hideous uniforms that they will cast down their weapons in an effort to make them feel better about themselves. gosh those army dudes are crafty

fludblud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Looks like they took the ACU and rubbed shit on it. Me no like...

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #16
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
Looks like they took the ACU and rubbed shit on it. Me no like...
Lol, this was my thoughts exactly. But I posted "ACU with mud" to try and be more polite about it. Seriously though, it looks like someone had diarrhea from eating a bad MRE.

This is along the same lines as cancelling the Crusader or giving the entire Army berets. My word for the day....FUBAR.
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #17
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Definitely an icky icky camo.

I just wish the British Army would go back to the original camo-scheme for riflemen. Such a lovely uniform...

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #18
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

WW1 French Infantry Camouflage ftw!

But from what I see, that looks like crap.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

That's SERIOUSLY the best google image search could give you for "WW1 french infantry uniform"?!

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
LiquidSnake

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidSnake Send a message via MSN to LiquidSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Scot View Post
WW1 French Infantry Camouflage ftw!

But from what I see, that looks like crap.
That's not the french army! They don't have a white flag =D

on a more serious note: The pattern isn't that ugly imo. I think it looks at least better than the regular ACU. But to find an answer to the question wether it actually works better one would have to have a reference pic in the corresponding environment.

LiquidSnake is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
afghanistan, army, camouflage, considers