project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Cheditor

Default Bulldog

Here is just a quick question, what branch of the British forces is the bull dog apc part of? I have seen it numerous times and have no idea :S.
Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Hitman.2.5
Default Re: Bulldog

I think the Dragoon guards use them, and the outfits(s) in basrah used them also AFAIK

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
cplgangster

a quick look on wiki (i know its not overly reliable) but it says the rifles use them also the signals seem to use them. I think if we could get someone to model it, it could be a nice little asset for the brits. Seeing as they are apparently being used now in afgan.

FuzzySquirrel =US=:And the point is me sneekin up on a U.S tank IF i had c4 or a mine they would have been dead
[R-DEV]AfterDune: And we all agree, that is pretty.. pretty bad-ass!
Darth.Skylinei remember this one time i was running to the living room, so i decided to jump to get me there faster (yeah vBF2 style haha) - but then i hit my head on the top part of the door
cplgangster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

4 RIFLES use them aswell as 1 LANCS and probably others, but can't be bothered to find them all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheditor View Post
Here is just a quick question, what branch of the British forces is the bull dog apc part of? I have seen it numerous times and have no idea :S.
Specific regiments I couldn't tell you. I only know that "mechanised infantry" use the Bulldog in their line units and "armoured infantry" use the Warrior. If armoured infantry battalions have integral mortar units, then Bulldog mortar carriers are probably in them alongside Warrior IFVs.
Last edited by Eddie Baker; 04-29-2009 at 09:35 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
Ironcomatose

Kinda off topic but what do all those names mean? Rilfes, singals or w.e you guys use over there. How does all that break down and in what branch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
Undies
Retired PR Developer

The British Army still uses the Ragimental structure, which many nations no longer use. Here is a basic list of the Corps and Regiments which make up the main bulk of the army.

Corps & Regiments - British Army Website

Each of those Regiments and Corps can be broken down further for example the infantry The Infantry - British Army Website has Regiments which are broken down into Batallions, 1st Batallion The Rifles = 1 Rifles. 2nd Batallion The Rifles = 2 Rifles etc etc

"The cavalry bring a bit of panache and flair to an otherwise dull affair"
Undies is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
Cheditor

Yeah most days i check out sky news, and telegraph web sites for news updates and saw loads of the bulldog apcs in pictures. Though they were mainly in the Iraq pictures and as brits are moving out we will probaly have them go to afghanistan.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
Morgan

Taken from the British Army page on the Bulldog: FV430 Series & Bulldog - British Army Website

"Mechanised Infantry use the Bulldog APC as a form of protected mobility to move around the battlefield."

Definition of Mechanised Infantry -
Mechanised infantry are equipped with the Saxon armoured personnel carrier, a wheeled vehicle that can be deployed over rough terrain, but is primarily a road vehicle. Saxon is in the process of being replaced by the Bulldog tracked vehicle.

Mechanised Infantry Battalions:
4 Rifles
1 Royal Anglian
1 Lancashire

Taken from the British Army page on the Warrior: Warrior Infantry Fighting Vehicle - British Army Website

"The Warrior (WR) family of 7 variants of armoured vehicles entered service in 1988 and have proved a resounding success for Armoured Infantry (AI) battlegroups (BG) in the Gulf War, Bosnia and Kosovo and Iraq."

Definition of Armoured Infantry -
Armoured infantry are equipped with the Warrior armoured personnel carrier, a tracked vehicle that can deploy over all terrain.

Armoured Infantry Battalions:
1 Scots Guards
1 Royal Regiment Fusiliers
3 Yorkshire
4 Scots (The Highlanders)
3 Mercian
5 Rifles
1 Princess of Wales Regiment

Bit of research goes a long way...

Morgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
Cheditor

Hmm royal anglian use em, in my years as a cadet we were just told warriors lol.

Tags
bulldog