project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: M-16 vs L85
M-16 A2 37 42.05%
L85 A2 51 57.95%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
|-TC-|DUSTY
Default m-16a2 vs L85a2

mmmmmm L85, love the susat. those things are leet. well what do you think

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...ial_s%26sa%3DN

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as22-e.htm
Old 04-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Pence
Banned

Look here http://www.realitymod.com/forum/t500...ult-rifle.html
This is already being discussed, unless you declare it a fight between the two weapons i see no point of it.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

I like both.

the SA80 is very well designed, the SUSAT is excellent, but i'm sure many British Army guys will say it has many faults, but i like it.

Apparently the M16 is reliable, its light, I like M16s, but I much prefer the SA80 - same barrel length, smaller overall size.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

dusty, theres a search button at the top of the forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Fullforce
the SA80 is very well designed, the SUSAT is excellent, but i'm sure many British Army guys will say it has many faults, but i like it.

Apparently the M16 is reliable, its light, I like M16s, but I much prefer the SA80 - same barrel length, smaller overall size.
Not so. A lot of people don't like the L85A2 as it's the popular thing to hate. If you have used it in combat, you would KNOW it works, and works well. Sorry, just can't be bothered with the opinion of armchair armourers. Have no time for statwhores regarding weapons....get a hobby.

I have used the M16A2, and wasn't impressed. It's an effective weapon, and lighter than the L85A2, but there's just something "20 years old" about it. I can safely say NG don't know how to clean their weapons either...I would rather have an L85A2 in any combat action.

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
YoJimbO

Send a message via MSN to YoJimbO

I can't vote. I've never even touched the M16, and I haven't fired either weapon. Let alone in a situation where I'd need to...

Therefore I cannot judge, and I fail to understand how people in the same situation as myself feel that they're in any position to make such a judgement.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #7
Pence
Banned

As spesifications go i voted the L85A2 and have held one at a show, i have held an M4 as well. I cant fire a weapon of that caliber legaly in Britian tho (i think)
Old 04-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #8
Arikara
Send a message via AIM to Arikara

I've used both, my vote goes for the M16A2. Also, like everyone has already posted, this has already been done so we are best off locking this before we got another 100+ post fight lol.

The Few. The Proud. The Marines
Semper Fi!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:20 PM   #9
Zepheris Casull

agreed, not much point in having multiple thread of the same thing.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:00 AM   #10
mrmong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pence
As spesifications go i voted the L85A2 and have held one at a show, i have held an M4 as well. I cant fire a weapon of that caliber legaly in Britian tho (i think)

no we cant

used to be able to my uncle had an oldish looking SA80 with a wooden stock i was like 1 at the time so i didnt get a go
Closed Thread

Tags
l85a2, m16a2