project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #51
WNxKenwayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasfreak View Post
waiiit...
r u saying the bullet goes through the guy's head...or does it actually enter, then curve over the head or something and exit? im confuzled.
That's what its designed to do.
WNxKenwayy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #52
DOAW

No shit. Does it work well?

Such is life.
DOAW is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #53
sekiryu

It worked according to one episode of Combat Zone on the Military Channel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sekiryu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:54 AM   #54
pasfreak

woahhh

cool!
i haven't read that anywhere tho. the only thing i've seen is that it has stopped ied fragments, apparently some guy got hit, had a pencil sized hole in the outside, but the inside was a big egg shaped lump that didn't penetrate.

*PAS*
"You can't expect to have the DEVS make everything idiot proof....(though that is an arguable point due to the generous number of said idiots that do play the game)."

"next time I catch you in the bushes outside my place, I'm skipping the 911 call and going straight to 1911."
-unknown youtuber
pasfreak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:21 AM   #55
RoGuETrOoPeR

It is true that rounds can curve around the head inside the helmet, there's a helmet in the Light Infantry museum Winchester (now The Rifles) that belonged to a corporal who was serving in Northern Ireland who was shot at with a high velocity round (I believe it was a .50 sniper rifle), the hit knocked him off his feet & to the amazement of his colleges he stood back up (confused & dazzed) to find that the round had penitrated the front of his helmet then travelled around the inner curve & exited at the rear & had only grazed his head, luck or helmet design ??? a bit of both I think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta...ranscript3.stm

Extract near bottom of page:

Quote:
Corporal
The Light Infantry
I was actually shot through the helmet grazing the head. I do remember my neck being taken well and truly back, as well as my whole body, and one of the things that sticks in mind is the taste. It's not like a carbon taste, like it was a taste from the round or taste from the helmet whether bits had flown off, but I can always remember this sort of horrible carbon taste. Not quite the same as a gunpowder taste you would get from a round going off or whatever, but a terrible taste.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RoGuETrOoPeR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:16 AM   #56
Epim3theus

Do those helmets have a double layer or something, so when the bullet penetrates there is another layer that guides the bullets path? I've read stories about soldiers shot in the helmet and the bullet penetrated again somewhere in the neck area vertically.
Epim3theus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
helmets