project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno
Default ARCHER mobile artillery system

im pretty impressed with the system that has been developed for Sweden and Norway!

YouTube Video

they go into service with the Norwegians this year and as i will serve in the artillery company i will surely see them alot

it certainly has a edge above the rest of the mobile arty systems in service around the world with its fast Shoot and Scoot speed of 30second deploy/undeploy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
mangeface
Supporting Member

Default Re: ARCHER mobile artillery system

Not a bad system. Any word of the cost and how many each country will purchase?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-USMC, that is

mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Navo

Goddamn that's massive
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangeface View Post
Not a bad system. Any word of the cost and how many each country will purchase?
dont know about the cost, but both countries have ordered 24 each

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

I remember seeing these several years ago at a conference, good to hear they are going into service soon. Can't deny BAE is badass.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
HeXeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
they go into service with the Norwegians this year and as i will serve in the artillery company i will surely see them alot
Artillery Battalion
Enjoy your year there, it's what you make of it. I sure as hell had a great time
Though I doubt you'll see the Archer other than when the Swedes show up with the ones they're borrowing from BAE

Witnessed a small demo of it, and participated in a briefieng about it for some Swedish and Canadian generals and other officers, and the Defense Minister of Norway, and some other high up in the Norwegian Armed Forces. It seems like a great system, and the officers in the ArtyBn sure looks forward to getting it.
The demo really showed how quickly it can set up, though it did not fire. They even gave one of the Canadian officers a lightning course in setting it up, like 3 minutes max, and he managed to set it up, ready to fire. Mighty impressive.
And it massive up close, vids don't do it justice

HeXeY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
Xavo|xXx

It kinda looks like the articulated dump trucks they use in the mines around here, only with a big Howitzer on the back and a bit of armour for the cabin :P

Anyone know if they developed the chassis from scratch, or used something else?

It goes Halle Berry or Hallelujah | Pick your poison tell me what you do | Every body gon' respect the shooter | But the one in front of the gun lives forever
Last edited by Xavo|xXx; 08-04-2012 at 11:54 PM..
Old 08-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavo|xXx View Post
It kinda looks like the articulated dump trucks they use in the mines around here, only with a bit Howitzer on the back and a bit of armour for the cabin :P

Anyone know if they developed the chassis from scratch, or used something else?
you are spot on, they modified the Volvo A30D chassis:

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Old 08-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
H.Maverick
I wanna be a DEV!
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to H.Maverick Send a message via Skype™ to H.Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post

I've driven one like this at work

Glad to see that the military is getting some new awesome equipment tho
H.Maverick is offline Reply With Quote