project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #41
Lacrosse4Life17
Banned

Default Re: Whats your Favorite Helicopter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldBreed View Post
They've used almost every other name, so why not?
True! I think theres only like 1 helicopter that isnt named after a tribe, and I think its the AH-1

Atleast in the US Military.
Lacrosse4Life17 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #42
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulabi View Post
In 2004, yes.

My favourite helicopter has to be the good ol' UH-60 Blackhawk, NH90 being a close second.

I wonder in what scenario you would outfit an UH60 with hellfires instead of using an apache.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #43
=HCM= Shwedor

Whenever you needed an armed helicopter to provide an anti-tank capability outside the range of an Apache in support of Special Forces maybe? Dosen't the H-60L have a longer range than the Apache?

shwedor
=HCM= Shwedor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 AM   #44
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

the westland lynx and the WAH-64 (evn if it's more powerful engines are heavier and only offset the weight of the additional armour they put on it...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #45
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
I wonder in what scenario you would outfit an UH60 with hellfires instead of using an apache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =HCM= Shwedor View Post
Whenever you needed an armed helicopter to provide an anti-tank capability outside the range of an Apache in support of Special Forces maybe? Dosen't the H-60L have a longer range than the Apache?
Given that predators can carry hellfires over long distances and with much better targeting capabilities than any UH-60, it's unlikely this configuration will actually see use. To my knowledge, it was experimented with as a way to rapidly expand the size of tank hunter-killer operations, something that is not particularly necessary any longer - not only does the US have a number of ways to kill tanks that are better, but we don't have many armored vehicles to kill.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #46
Stealthgato

Solution for armies with lower budgets?

YouTube Video

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #47
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]BloodBane611 View Post
Given that predators can carry hellfires over long distances and with much better targeting capabilities than any UH-60, it's unlikely this configuration will actually see use. To my knowledge, it was experimented with as a way to rapidly expand the size of tank hunter-killer operations, something that is not particularly necessary any longer - not only does the US have a number of ways to kill tanks that are better, but we don't have many armored vehicles to kill.

Depends on how you look at the situation... Russian still have thousands of armored vehicle, so do the Chinese too.

But of course, US Armed Forces probly have more missiles ( only for AT purpose ) than Russian and Chinese (put together) have armored vehicles.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #48
samogon100500

Image too large

Last edited by [R-DEV]Bob_Marley; 10-19-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Old 10-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #49
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod525 View Post
Depends on how you look at the situation... Russian still have thousands of armored vehicle, so do the Chinese too.

But of course, US Armed Forces probly have more missiles ( only for AT purpose ) than Russian and Chinese (put together) have armored vehicles.
My point was, the US has been at war for the last 10 years and none of the military branches have been short of tank killing platforms. The likelihood of war with any major power is miniscule, and while the existence could be noted, it's hardly an indicator of how the US should be forming our military policy.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #50
Von_Gnome

Man, that Battlehawk looked awesome!

(I can haz cas-blackhawk in pr?)

Von_Gnome is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite, helicopter