project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
ryan d ale

Default How do I make the entrenchment tool become rigid?

Hi.

I recently bought a folding shovel that folds in 3 points. Very similar to this one. It is also German, like the one in the picture.

I was wondering if any of you knew how to make it become rigid so that it can be used. I can unfold and it is very floppy and not really practical. What do I do from there?

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:31 AM   #2
Titan
Default Re: How do I make the entrenchment tool become rigid?

You have to unfold it and turn the red marked part till it is fixed. You can fully unfold it to use it as shovel or at 90? to have a pickaxe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done
Titan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
Sgt.BountyOrig

Above is correct, extend then twist the end of the handle
Sgt.BountyOrig is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
dtacs
Supporting Member

When you rocket jump, land on people and it will crit them, you have to be in the air whilst doing it though so its good to combine with the mantreads.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
ryan d ale

Thank you Titan & Bounty.

Nice to have a German reply obviously

Old 07-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #6
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
When you rocket jump, land on people and it will crit them, you have to be in the air whilst doing it though so its good to combine with the mantreads.
Point noted.

I'll remember that if I ever have to time travel back to Stalingrad.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
KiloJules

One of the things i don't know how real soldiers can life with...
Had one of the above as a child! and managed to destroy it whilst digging a big ass trench in the wood with my "squad".

After that I always had and still have the old version of the "BW Klappspaten"

This thing is a beast! Of course it is a little bit heavier but that pays out 100 times.

You can have it as a shovel, 90? as a wide pickaxe and the pointy thing is pro for breaking up hard ground! You can have that straight or pointing 90? as well.

Some might say the wood can break but a) it is super strong b) you can replace it with any type of wood in the outdoors and c) you could even buy a metal tube and fix it with a large screw instead of the wood.
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
ryan d ale

Interesting you say that.

I used my shovel for chopping some branches of a tree.

It is bent because I used it like a splitting axe It still functions though and fits in the carry case. Need a splitting axe

Tags
entrenchment, make, rigid, tool