project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #161
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Weapon] F88 Aus Styer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
Actually can you point on the weapon where the pin is? (or even better you do it in that *coughvideocough*)
ah *looks around for escape* what video?

Theres no video everyone! you saw nothing........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #162
LyRiCs

ive uploaded a little pic to answer your questions (if i understand it in the right way..)

its the austrian version, but i think this things arent different...
you cant see the triggerunit on the pic, its inside of the stock...
Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #163
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

ok the image you have posted is the F88c Aus Styer, the following is the Austrian AUG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 05-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #164
LyRiCs

no different between this 2 guns... only a little bit the color & the muzzle break, and austria have many different versions in use

one with laser sight, laser pointer, night vision, transparent magazine, normal magazine, short barrel, long barrel, bigger magazine (12 shots more).
and of course the color is variable... my AUG was a little bit darker then the one of my colleague...

the gun on my pic, is an STG77 from the Austrian Army.
The one on your pic also!!!
or both from australia... but i know that we have both versions on the pic, in use at our army...

austria┬┤s army had the stg77 (austrian aug) since 1977 in use... since there exist soooo much new versions with little changes in design and triggerunit. One example is the firing pin: in our old versions it has 2 little metal pieces to be handled from the trigger... our new versions have 3 of this pieces...

the "nipple" of the barrel (in german we say "laufwarzen") are very plain and less then in our new version...
you cant see the changes from outside, but if you demount the gun you will see little changes.

i believe that australian f88c is this AUG version, we use as our "new" STG77 version... they are shuffled in our army ^^

We dont have one type of this gun for all of our Soldiers... but i can say, its a really beautiful gun without any recoil XD ok..little bit, but a watergun has more recoil

omg im sry for my english -.-
Last edited by LyRiCs; 05-20-2009 at 03:07 AM..
Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #165
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Ok you think that both of those are the STG77 well lets all take a look at the image and then tell me there the same apart from the color... jezz!

Top = F88c Aus Styer (Australian Version!)
Bottom = STG77 (Austrias Version)

Old 05-20-2009, 03:24 AM   #166
[MPN]Slouch2

So much win.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:32 AM   #167
LyRiCs

ok one first thing.. thats not a conflict - its a discussion...

i can see the different of both guns.

but i can say it one more time: we have both in use.
and even the gas system of our austrian stg77 looks complete like the one in der first pic.

and we HAVE an barrel release stud!!

ive NEVER seen an STG77 in our austrian army without an barrel release stud and with this strange gas system on the second pic...

maybe the version of the second pic is the old STG77 and i dont know them (im 20 years old...) becouse we dont use it anymore? where do you get this second picture?

i really can say that we use the gun of your first picture... only the muzzle break is different of any STG77 becouse you can easyly change it.
Our magazine looks exactly like the one in your first pic - but there we have many different magazine versions...

the only thing i cant say it the design of "rounded/square" aiming unit... i dont know how it looks like exactly.

i really think that the version of the second pic is so old, that i cant know it. i mean, we use this gun since 1977 thats 11 years before i was born xD

edit: our austrian mag realease is also curved.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #168
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
ok one first thing.. thats not a conflict - its a discussion...
mate, please state if you are or have been in the armed forces, cuz both Tonnie and Slouch are active/recently active servicemen. Don't doubt their knowledge of these weapons unless you can back it up lad.

On the model front, http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/649/23612675.jpg

why is it green, I've wondered. Hollywood tells me its night vision :P

Old 05-20-2009, 03:38 AM   #169
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
mate, please state if you are or have been in the armed forces, cuz both Tonnie and Slouch are active/recently active servicemen. Don't doubt their knowledge of these weapons unless you can back it up lad.

On the model front, http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/649/23612675.jpg

why is it green, I've wondered. Hollywood tells me its night vision :P
Textures WIP mate lol

Last edited by Tonnie; 05-20-2009 at 03:43 AM..
Old 05-20-2009, 03:46 AM   #170
LyRiCs

i never doubt their knowledge...

i dont know the exactly design of the australian f88c but i really know, what gun i used in our austrian army... and this gun of his second picture isnt the gun which ive used for 6 months. I really believe that this one is an old version which we dont use anymore...

what do you mean on the 2 pictures with "trigger pin"? (language problems...)
if you mean that the austrian stg77 has no semi/fullauto mode which oyu can change with the power of pressing the trigger, thats wrong. this works really good

why are you think ive been agressive or try to doubt his knowledge?
my english is very bad, maybe i cant articulate me very good =(

it was never be my whish to have an conflict with you
never!!!
Last edited by LyRiCs; 05-20-2009 at 06:12 AM..

Tags
aus, f88, styer, weapon