project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
fatcat3359
Default Why PR 0.7 turned to "running" simulator? We need more true squad leaders!

since 0.7 i'm keep running across battlefield to join my squad.

real experience for two days of playing:

1/after joining a server i'm looking for a good squad
(good squad sticks together, RP is set near to flag to attack, etc)
but usualy these good squads are FULL

2/so the only choice is to join squad which is widely spread across
battlefield, no order issued, no RP set

3/so only option is to spawn at main and RUN across to some battle place if got hit RUN again

4/also there is other option: wait at main base when one of the good squads is free to join and then RUN to their place

5/or you can jump to random car with SOLOing driver and hope that he's going same direction you need, or that he'll not ignore your "bail out" request

Conclusion:
spawning changes made in 0.7 are really good for pretty well organised teams (clans) where everyone knows what to do.
But by my opinion it's ruining game on public servers, where is just a few
good players.

I hate lone-wolf rambo style playing - but this is what i did last two days because above

(only about 2-3 games i found during two days had a good squad with excelent game experience)
but it's not enought in compare to .6 game experience.

Please reconsider this feature.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I agree with you.

No not about running.

I agree there is a lack of good squad leaders.

We need everyone in the community to step up and more leader types to start stepping into their roles.

Hopefully I will run some more squad training sessions in the upcoming weeks as v0.7 has really brought my interest back into this mod!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
VipersGhost

Agreed, pub play needs more SL...the thing is that its just so fun to jump into the clan squad and have an epic game. It's early though, guys will eventually get the hang of it.

All you twats starting said threads "WTFBBQSAUCE 0.7 BLOWS" - R-Dev Jaymz
Old 01-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Silvarius2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat3359 View Post
since 0.7 i'm keep running across battlefield to join my squad.

real experience for two days of playing:

1/after joining a server i'm looking for a good squad
(good squad sticks together, RP is set near to flag to attack, etc)
but usualy these good squads are FULL

2/so the only choice is to join squad which is widely spread across
battlefield, no order issued, no RP set

3/so only option is to spawn at main and RUN across to some battle place if got hit RUN again

4/also there is other option: wait at main base when one of the good squads is free to join and then RUN to their place

5/or you can jump to random car with SOLOing driver and hope that he's going same direction you need, or that he'll not ignore your "bail out" request

Conclusion:
spawning changes made in 0.7 are really good for pretty well organised teams (clans) where everyone knows what to do.
But by my opinion it's ruining game on public servers, where is just a few
good players.

I hate lone-wolf rambo style playing - but this is what i did last two days because above

(only about 2-3 games i found during two days had a good squad with excelent game experience)
but it's not enought in compare to .6 game experience.

Please reconsider this feature.

I think its been mentioned a million times that PR is only less than a week old? Most of the old timers are waiting for the kids to get bored crashing the planes and then leaving before we come in.

Just give it a week or two before the Vets start taking charge
Old 01-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
Fluffywuffy

I like the spawn points It makes you think how you're not going to be killed. Also makes you use vehicles wisely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[DM]AirborneLegs or hellatom ingame
Old 01-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
VipersGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerwaffen View Post
I like the spawn points I makes you think how you're not going to be killed. Also makes you use vehicles wisely.
Its amazes me how many dolts fail to find this perspective.

All you twats starting said threads "WTFBBQSAUCE 0.7 BLOWS" - R-Dev Jaymz
Old 01-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

Only thing for it right now is for clans running servers to spread themselves out amongst the squads, teaching people, getting them up to speed (a lot of new players in the game right now) and trying not to be too bossy.

Once the new players see what is going on, the speed of movement, the laying of RP's in suitable positions on maps, the speed of movement to move between cp's in the AAS2 system then playing will get better.

The new spawning systems are making for better playing, less fragfests of troops spawning over and over from all directions (v0.6 version of RP, firebase, bunker, apc, SL.) to only from RP's and firebase/bunkers.

The fighting has now become fast and furious with good squads out there. The new deviation system added to it has made things so much more enjoyable (excepting the bug with marksman/sniper rifles right now) as rounds are going where they would in the real world (under combat conditions) in the majority of cases.

This isn't just CS FPS style gaming anymore. This is part FPS, part RTS and lots of realism.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
unrealalex

Yea, I hate it when you join and the only open squads are the ones that won't coordinate at all, I'm just going to leave the server if it's like that and the map isnt close to finishing.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

unrealalex - what about starting a squad of your own? Youve been here since July so by now you should have the basics down prety well. Have you tried squad leading yet? If not Im willing to show you how its done if you think you can manage.

By creating your own squad you dont need to rely on others to make the squads for you!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
Fluffywuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGhost View Post
Its amazes me how many dolts fail to find this perspective.
Woot I'm not a dolt and I have a perspective!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[DM]AirborneLegs or hellatom ingame

Tags
leaders, running, simulator, squad, true, turned