project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #41
FoW_Strummer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_Aleks View Post
Ok, you kick people from squad because they are LAME and they don't follow your orders. And you call them LAME when they try to change tactics (flank, retreat, taking armors or kits) to be succesfull and you kick them. And you call them LAME when they leave your not succesfull squad? .
Hey Bro...let me re-phrase what I meant. I would NEVER kick a squad mate for trying or playing the game. I only kick when after 3 times of asking for a RESPONSE (the page up or down key at least) is ignored. Nothing worse than.."Did you get that?? SILENCE..chirp chirp..emptiness. The only time I kicked another person was when he got all jazzed up to go fly the little shiny airplanes..weeeee!...CYA...

So hope that cleared it up for ya. You dont need to know english, heck I have played in squads that speak German or Jive..whatever, and I use the page up and down keys to respond to the SL..Is that so hard??

Also, if you (personally) are trying to change tactics without checking with your squad that is kind of LAME.., you really should be a sl then. It is kinda annoying when a person is all rambo and unresponsive to sl orders. Just my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Though the rules of the road have been lodged.....its only peoples games that you have to dodge...ITS ALRIGHT MA..its life and life only!!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #42
IAJTHOMAS

If you come up with some kind of brilliant idea to eliminate the enemy, TELL YOUR SL! Don't run off and try to flank on your own or whatever, 1. You'll be much less effective, 2. Your making life a misery for the SL who is trying to keep his squad together.

Fuzz's squad are usaully one of the best on the server, both in terms of effectiveness and points, if that's how you chose to measure such things. Not every SL will suit you, but if you took random kits, went off on your own for a walk, or got armour in an infantry squad then I'd probably kick you too (not that I SL often).
Old 01-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #43
Viper_Aleks

Oh, I see... Only rock squad leaders talking on this forum. The game battlefield changes VERY FAST. And not everyone SL can follow situation on the map. When I play as squad member I always worry SL about situation changes or ask why we are going to do it. But some rock SL think that I try to command their squads or obey their orders. When I play as SL I often explain squad tasks and WHY we are trying to do this. But I NEVER limit my squad members HOW to do this. Most players know how to get better results to complete objective. If some player thinks that it would be better to take armor - he will take it.
If you want to take full control over peoples - go to army! Game is for fun!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #44
Silvarius2000

Quote:
Oh, I see... Only rock squad leaders talking on this forum. The game battlefield changes VERY FAST. And not everyone SL can follow situation on the map. When I play as squad member I always worry SL about situation changes or ask why we are going to do it. But some rock SL think that I try to command their squads or obey their orders. When I play as SL I often explain squad tasks and WHY we are trying to do this. But I NEVER limit my squad members HOW to do this. Most players know how to get better results to complete objective. If some player thinks that it would be better to take armor - he will take it.
If you want to take full control over peoples - go to army! Game is for fun!
You've been flaming on every thread you've been on. Army life dont agree with you?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #45
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

here's what happened earlier tonight on qinling:

i form a squad of a few regulars and the rest random guys. i explain that we will be sticking together for infantry combat and have no need for a sniper/marksman, and if this aint going to work for you, to choose another squad. i then tell everyone to spawn at main base west spawnpoint. game starts and one jackass spawns at the other base, grabs a sniper rifle and then jumps on a freaking motorcycle and starts heading off. it took me all of 1 second to decide what to do. i replaced him with another member and we had a great round of teamwork.

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #46
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yeap threedroogs those are the guys you HAVE to kick, as they are not team players and will never listen to you.... I treat them more like annoying bots
Old 01-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #47
Viper_Aleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvarius2000 View Post
You've been flaming on every thread you've been on. Army life dont agree with you?
Just skip my messages.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:17 AM   #48
IAJTHOMAS

Quote:
OhWhen I play as SL I often explain squad tasks and WHY we are trying to do this. But I NEVER limit my squad members HOW to do this.
So, if we'd all just spawned on a firebase, and a tank is heading towards us, you'd simply order us to take out the tank, and would be happy for me to attempt to do it by charging at it with the spec ops slams, rather than use a HAT?

No one is saying ignore your SMs, often they have very good creative ideas, know a map better then you, or have better info on a given situation. But as I say, suggest your plan to the SL and get the rest of your squad to help out , rather than running of and doing it yourself and looking like John Rambo in the process. If the SL completely refuses to do what is obviously needed after you've tried to explain to him, leave his squad and find a better one.

Sometimes you just need certain kits in a squad, and you have to ask someone to be them. The LAT needs ammo, need C4 to take out a bunker etc. If everyone takes what kit they want (often rifleman/sniper/marksman) these things are NEVER going to get done.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #49
daranz

Personally, the only reason I don't SL more is that I'd rather be a medic throughout the round so that at least one squad has a medic, rather than yell at people throughout the round to go medic and still not have a medic 60% of the time.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #50
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

<edit> the post i responded to mysteriously dissappeared...hehe

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

Last edited by Threedroogs; 01-10-2008 at 02:26 PM..

Tags
leaders, running, simulator, squad, true, turned