project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 02:47 AM   #21
unrealalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Cheeseman View Post
Actaully you're both wrong, I suggested long before in another thread about this issue that GPU or CPU overclocking programs cause this freeze + sound loop problem.
Sometimes a fix is just one click away from the search function.

Such as this thread:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-...omputer-6.html
Congrats? dont get what you're trying to prove lol.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #22
Full
Supporting Member

what do you mean? thath it does NOT fix the problem (the protect mmio trick)? in my personnal case seems it fixed the bug, but i must add that i don't overclock my graphic card, just set the fan duty cycle. but it's true that one game can stand some overclockink (crysis or whatever) and battlefield will crash with the same oc, just because its engine is very stressful for the system. i think all the people using some oc/monitoring soft as rivatuner, atitool, atitraytools, powerstrip should just stop using it for a while and see what happens i had this problem with 2 different cards on 2 different OSs, and each time, stopping rivatuner was the solution. but now as i've set the "protect mmio" and the "protectprocess" to "1" inrivatuner's power user the bug is gone
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #23
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
Congrats? dont get what you're trying to prove lol.
Not trying to prove anything just stating that it isn't appropriate to create threads for a problem which has been discussed several times throughout the PR forums many times before. No point in repeating among ourselves while there's a search function designed to put forward a thread or threads which have already discussed similar or the exact same issues in the past.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #24
Full
Supporting Member

er ok, actually i was thinking i had some kind of right to write in this thread because my personal case was the same that what jaymz was talking about...am i wrong?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #25
Guybrush

Hey guys, have a look at this : http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-...tml#post595532
Old 03-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #26
Psyko

heppens me all the time on opperation ghost train and a couple of big high textured forest maps.

my clan members say its because the textures eat into the virtual memory, and my game crashes.

I get those exact audio feedbacks for 1-7 seconds and then sometimes it returns to the game.

I have 1 gig of RAM and a Geforce 6600
Old 03-03-2008, 06:42 AM   #27
Full
Supporting Member

guess its not the same problem...the one that is related to punkbuster totally freezes the game and the pc, no hope to come back
but their can be a problem with textures...but dont have a clue on how to fix it, just lower the textures

Tags
freeze or lockup, system, v07