project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
VipersGhost

Default Anyone else incredibly impressed by Suppression in PR?

I was at first disappointed to hear that FH2 had a cool suppression effect (although I'm not a fan) and PR didn't. Then I fire up 0.7 for the first time on EJOD small size. Our TF21 squad was on a roof top handing out justice to our American enemies. Soon enough a volley of fire hits our general position and thrap thrap thrap...my vision is messy and I can't aim for anything. Our whole squad was pinned down by one MG...not an easy task if you know some of the TF21 guys...not me, but others are REALLY good. It was awesome and worked flawlessly. Nothing bad I could say about it.

From then on I was grabbing a SAW every chance I got. The minute I saw someone I'd just lay into them with fire. Even if they started shooting first the suppression I threw back at them made it impossible for them to shoot back. I of course was just forcing their heads down and didn't kill them but SUPPRESSION WORKS! We'd pin them down and someone would run out and nade them. It wasn't just a time or two...this stuff happened all the time.

Bi Ming is especially fun, you just lay down the lead and tell everyone to "Follow my tracers".

Well done Dev's, couldn't think of a way to do it much better really.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yup, definetely works better now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

yep its miles better now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
andretmzt

I just throw caution to the wind and run for it in most cases but the sound and the amount of bullets that fly over sometimes definately makes me keep my head down.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
Rico11b

One reason why it is more effective now than before is, the assault rifles now aren't able to instaprone one shot you in the head from any distance like before. Or even crouch spam headshot you for that matter. Sure you can still get hit in the head , but now it DOES NOT account for 85% of your deaths on one map.

Since the new build has been out, I've got so many kills just because I lay down a volley of fire and hit the target many times. Not head shots, but hits all over the body. Then they run off and bleed to death after several seconds to a minute. Hehe. Most nights when I would play PR .6 head shots would account for the majority of my kills for the evening. Now, so far with PR .7 I've only gotten 2 confirmed head shots and they were at close range (70 meters and less). I remember in PR .6 that if you didn't get a head shot on YOUR first shot then the other guy usually did, which meant you lost. Before in .6 suppressive fire never had a change because you were usually one shotted in the head by instaproners or crouch spammers. But that was mostly due to the "overly accurate" assault rifles and also lack of bullet penetration. (Bullet penetration is still an issue, but they are looking into it) Now because it is harder to get a hit it gives suppressive fire a chance to get established, and mature into an effective fire fight tool. The way it is now seems more intense.

R

This is what should be expected from a "real" M-16, when fired by an "expert" shooter! This applies to "expert" only. However, someone that can only qualify basic "marksman" by hitting 23 out of 40 targets will NOT shoot this well! Period!!!
Last edited by Rico11b; 01-02-2008 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: Typos:)
Old 01-02-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
Zybon

The radius is way too big. If you are standing 7 feet in front of a wall and shoot you get the full suppression.. its a bit much.

<insert funny comment that has military relevance>
Old 01-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
unrealalex

I think the machine guns maybe too accurate too. I was able to kill people quite far away with a PKM.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Anyone else incredibly impressed by Suppression in PR?

no, not really , seem it before in FH2 and right now it dont keep you head down because you know that the fire is not gonna touch you , since the desviation is high, in FH2 its more scared .
Last edited by 77SiCaRiO77; 01-02-2008 at 11:51 PM..
Old 01-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Kickass.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 01-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #10
Doom721

Its a step towards greatness, what I would like to see is less effective firing if a bullet lands say.... 6inches from your face, how accurate would you be?

Though now the new audio/visual of getting a bullet near you is better, and the fact you can't run and gun... so you either sit there and get shot at, and hopefully return fire if you see them.... or become supressed, what the enemy wants :P

Yeah id say its working great, though I'm all for more suppressive effects to stop me from shooting at people :P

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn
( .3
)
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm

Tags
impressed, incredibly, suppression