project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 02:19 AM   #11
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I think the suppression is a LOT better now indeed. I hate the (to me) exaggerated suppression effect in FH2, can't see anything at all if one bullets hits the wall next to you. I like PR's one far better.

I've never been in a real firefight, so I have no idea what it does to a man if we're talking about vision.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 AM   #12
XRogerMellieX

I miss the accuracy of the rifleman weapons.. I was a headshot, crouchspam king.

Still, love the woozy effect when my local area is getting shot up.. didn't know what it was until I read this thread!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:34 AM   #13
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Yeah, makes it a lot more fun to be a support gunner now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:54 AM   #14
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

add in the fact that getting killed can really remove you from the battlefield and it's a winner. in previous versions, i would always peek out trying to get that one good shot off even while being fired upon...this is no more, as i have had my head buried in the ground during a few of the most intense firefights in .7.

firefights are about 100x more intense and exciting now. it's nice to be able to take fire and not be hit 85% of the time. it's also nice to see and hear my whole squad giving it to the enemy position. the new sounds are real horrorshow.

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #15
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Yes, I am.

The best bit about it is that deviation means that if you pop off some random unhurried rounds at a target to keep his head down, you're *unlikely* to him him but the spread means there's always that possibility.

In 0.6 if someone was clearly just taking potshots to keep my head down I knew I was safe - the rounds ONLY went where the gun was fired, so as long as I kept moving the guy wasn't going to put a shot into me.

Now, even if I'm moving there's the chance a stray shot is going to implant itself into me, and I damn well stay down. Ironically, the effect of having rounds continuously whistle past my head, kicking up dirt and splashes from puddles make me MORE scared than the 0.6 knowledge that if I stood still I was gunna get toasted.

Supression: The longer rounds are coming at you, the more trouser-browning it becomes!

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Tags
impressed, incredibly, suppression