project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #111
Jafreiteris
Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v0.96 Map Overviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird0901 View Post
Not playable in what way? I have never had a problem on that map.
Korengal Valley - Significant FPS drop (50 FPS or more) when looking in either direction up or down the river with lots of trees in sight.

(not ine line, you can find many other like 'Korengal valley only 20fps, and is not playable')
Old 07-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #112
ShockUnitBlack

This might be out of place to ask, but if this patch comes out all rosy and such - no major bugs and way better optimization - do you guys plan on following it up with a content-heavy patch fairly quickly?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #113
Bob of Mage

I found 3 things that appear to be wrong in the map previews:

1) Al Basrah Co-op Std appears to use the Inf layer map
2) Jabal al Burj is missing its Co-op layer altogather
3) Kozelsk Co-op is likewise missing

Also it looks like most Co-op maps will still be missing the much need logi trucks (any tracked armour is as good as dead, meaning 1 LAT kills almost everthing).
Old 07-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #114
xambone

Send a message via MSN to xambone Send a message via Skype™ to xambone

Does this mean that on Muttrah USMC and the US ARMY can work together? or just USMC. Exciting idea to have 3 forces.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #115
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

not all maps have had the treatment, not that some more 'won't' but US army on Muttrah would just be folly tbh, amphibious US operations are clearly not their thing. Canadians maybe, but dunno anything about their amphibious operations irl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #116
Bob of Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
Canadians maybe, but dunno anything about their amphibious operations irl.
As far as I know the Canadian would have as hard of a time as the US Army since we don't have anything like the AAV. The few thing that could swim in rivers have also had those capabilities removed for cost reasons. If Ramiel had a 4th layer the Canadian Forces would work as it's set in Somalia where Canada was involed. Qwai River or Kashan would be the only other real options as the rest are water maps or in places like Iraq where there are no Canadians.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #117
Stemplus

hmm.. i have a little question - what is the IDF recon chopper and what are the fixed-wing aircraft for them? F-16 and A-10? or maybe something fresh, new?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #118
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post
Does this mean that on Muttrah USMC and the US ARMY can work together? or just USMC. Exciting idea to have 3 forces.
The most you could hope for in that respects is that the US Army would be providing some support via vehicles like extra helicopters or tanks but tbh this would be very rare in the case of the USMC as they are very, very self sufficient.

Canada as far as I'm aware do not have the resources to pull off a large scale amphibious assault and would also require a Canadian Amphibious Assault ship to be made which according to this they don't have and even if they did, a huge amount of work to make and pretty tricky putting two carriers in one map that would both spawn on different layers.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #119
Wakain

it's really nice to have so many layers, if only the serverguys would use 'em, I wouldn't mind some more inf/skirmish layers
Old 07-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #120
KaizerSosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafreiteris View Post
Korengal Valley - Significant FPS drop (50 FPS or more) when looking in either direction up or down the river with lots of trees in sight.

(not ine line, you can find many other like 'Korengal valley only 20fps, and is not playable')
The reason why I hate forested maps... hopefully I can snag a bit more frames with the optimization coming.
Closed Thread

Tags
bf2, map, overviews, project, reality, v096