project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
20 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Wanda Shan

Throw away your dusty G3s, AK47s and megarailed AR15s and pull out your woodland camo jacket, a QBZ95 or AK74M, some motor oil and brush up on your Mandarin catch phrases for the ladies, because we're headed to a new theater of operations in Inner Manchuria!

For the first time the Bear will go against the Dragon in a bid to control precious natural resources required for world domination in the 21st century. After both sides had beaten off the greedy capitalists on their homefronts, it was time to decide which kid on the block will rule the Asian continent and we all know the ultimate way in which that can be settled.

Wanda Shan is the first map in what will hopefully be a series of maps based around Manchuria, Mongolia and Russian regions that border northeast China, in which PLA will defend their lands against the invading Russian forces and try their luck out over the border as well.

This is my first map that will be included in PR, but it's not the only one that I created. Don't worry, the others are coming along just fine

Back to the map.
  • It's a 4km sized map with a view distance of 1km, set near the Russian border in northeast China, in a forested and scarcely populated area that lives off timber production.
  • AASv3 brings in total 25 different objectives to fight over, with 5 in play each round.
  • Both sides have their own uncaptureable base but don't let that give you a sense of hope, once the last defense falls, it's over. (the uncaps are there to avoid issues, because the 'main' flags are also random)
  • There are three available Advance and Secure layers and a Skirmish mode, set around the biggest village on the map.

Finally, both sides brought some goodies in order to capture all those positions.

The Russian side brings you the good old T-90 main battle tank and BTR80 personnel carrier, but the majority of the weight will fall on the MT-LBs, both the PKT(7.62mm) and NSVT(12.7mm) variants as well as the Gopher anti-air and the Shturm anti-tank variant.
The Russian firepower doesn't end here as Mi-28s will rain down thunder in support of their comrades while on alternative layers, the Mi-8 will bring troops and supplies to the front.

The PLA side will dust off the almost forgotten arsenal of Type-98 main battle tanks and Z-10 attack helicopters along with VN3 recon vehicle and WZ551 and WZ551A personnel carriers. The Type-95 anti-air will keep the skies clear and like the Mi-8, the Z-8 will also be around on alternative layers.

And last but not least, I would to thank everyone on the PR team who gave me feedback and suggestions about the map.

Now for the minimap and some screenshots.

(I apologize for the messed up undergrowth on some screenshots, it's an issue with nVidia cards)

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 09-29-2010 at 06:14 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
ChiefRyza

Default Re: Wanda Shan

Wow! How did this one sneak by?! Can't wait to see it in game mate, 0.95 is shaping up to be one hell of a release

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current project:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Johncro

Awesome job, couldn't expect any less from you guys
Old 09-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
][nvert

Very nice job, looking forward to playing this one . .95 is going to be sweet!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Looks very interesting

Old 09-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
Dev1200

And then. It was good.

It's like quinling. But gud

Old 09-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Great map

Well done Outlawz.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 09-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
Silly_Savage

This map also caught me by surprise when it was first introduced.

Trust me when I say that this map is absolutely breathtaking! Dare I say, the most atmospheric and immersive map in the mod.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Old 09-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
cyberzomby

Looks peacefull!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Amok@ndy
PR:BF2 Comm Faction Lead
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Amok@ndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
It's like quinling. But gud
to ninja rhino: its qinling and not quinling

Closed Thread

Tags
shan, wanda