project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
UK_Force
Retired Developer
Supporting Member

Thumbs up Project Reality Professional Field work trip

Over the last 2 months or so, I have been organising the prospect of some of the Project Reality Sound Engineers to come down to the Armour Centre in Bovington where I work, to accuratley record British Vehicles.

The working document we are using was created by [R-DEV] Twisted Helix, and using my BIA contacts I passed this up for them to see if they would be interested too.

BIA replied positivley and are sending a Lead Developer over to assist, and work together on the project, with a deal to be sorted at a later date between Project Reality and BIA.

Therefore in conjunction with BIA/VBS2, Project Reality will be going ahead with this from the 19th - 23rd July.

This has never been taken on before by any Modification team, or even a lot of Gaming companys - to this High a level.

[R-DEV] UK_Force - Management
[R-DEV] Jaymz - Producer
[R-DEV] Twisted Helix - Lead Sound Engineer and Technical Director
[R-DEV] Sofad - Stationary Recordist and Postproduction
Tom - Mobile Recordist
[R-DEV] Drav - Assistant Engineer
Mark Lacey - Developer - BIA

These are to be used for all our 3 engines within Project Reality as required (and VBS2).
The plan will incorporate the following vehicles all recorded professionally

WARRIOR
SCIMITAR
PANTHER
BULLDOG (Upgraded 432 Variant)
TROJAN
TITAN
CHALLENGER 2 BATTLE TANK
LANDROVER
AS90
MLRS
WARTHOG
MASTIFF
MAN TRUCK
JACKAL
QUAD
SPRINGER
VIXEN
HUSKY
VECTRA

Further to that I have also managed to get 2 days of live fire record sessions at Lulworth ranges, covering the CR2 - 120mm, Chain Gun, Warrior/Scimitar 30mm and GPMG. I am sure there will be some blown Mic's during that !!

On top of that a visit to the Armoury to look at the small arms range of weapons we hold, a night firing viewing of the Warrior / CR2, and a VBS2 overview.

The team will arrive on Sunday evening and leave on Saturday morning, so a very busy week no doubt.

A Blog has been created so you - the Community can follow us, as it happens, I can ensure you there will be pictures, diaries, videos and lots of up to date information, as the team intend to Blog daily throughout the week.

So follow us through the week, I am sure it will be interesting.

Project Reality Sound Recording Trip 2010

Once again, I would like to thank all the people who have assisted in this trip, as without it, we would not have the whole team able to get to Bovington, with the right equipment.

If any organised body wish to talk about this further in detail feel free to contact me:

email [R-DEV]UK_Force.

-The Project Reality Team

note: If you wish to pass this link on to your own forums, other sites etc, could you please pass the details on to me, so I can keep an eye on the coverage this gets.
Last edited by UK_Force; 07-25-2010 at 11:24 AM..
Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality Professional Field work trip

*tumbs up*

You'll be doing US, arabia, China etc field trip next?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Amok@ndy
PR:BF2 Comm Faction Lead

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Amok@ndy

GERMANS next )))

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Wow, that's great, such a big recording session! Sound is such an important part of a game, especially for realistic military games. I'm looking forward to hearing more
Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Will this help both PR:BF2 and PR:AA2?

None the less your doing a great work.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 07-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post

Both of them....
Old 07-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post

None the less your doing a great work.
from the post
Quote:
These are to be used for all our 3 engines within Project Reality as required (and VBS2).

Good luck with weather guys

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #8
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye if it rains were going to spend the week getting some new 'ultra realistic' wounded sounds out of Twisted Helix......bloody Scots dragging their crappy weather with them
Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
sofad
Retired PR Developer

to calm down the hype in the beginning, i have to say that there are several factors that are not in our hands and can ruin whole recordings. especially weather and birds. so, a useable and decent outcome is not guaranteed. and due to the fact we all do this kind of recording for the first time, its also possible that human and technical failure will happen..^^

Old 07-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #10
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Posted it on Norways biggest forum in the ARMA2 thread there:
ArmA II: Generell diskusjon - Forum - Side 55 - Spillverket.no

Everything is in Norwegian though.

EDIT:
I looked at the weather in Bovington does not look to bad even if one of the days it will pour down.
http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdo...Camp/long.html

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Last edited by Zimmer; 07-16-2010 at 09:28 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
field, professional, project, reality, trip, work