project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #61
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Media] Screenshots for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawer01 View Post
I have a question. Is there any damage difference between the LAV-25 main gun(25mm) and the BTR-80A main gun(30mm)? And how many munition does the BTR carry? Just curious.
Yours is the good kind of curious

For AP rounds, we translated it in-game by having the projectile's physical damage be 10% stronger for the 30mm rounds but with the same explosion damage.

For HE rounds, the explosive radius on the 30mm rounds is 40% larger due to the fact that more room in the round allows for more explosive filler irl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 02-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #62
Nebsif
Supporting Member

I also have a question about rounds and stuff :P :
Whats the damage difference between an AP 120mm round used by.. the Abrams tank and the newly added AT11 ATGM rocket used by the T-90?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #63
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
I also have a question about rounds and stuff :P :
Whats the damage difference between an AP 120mm round used by.. the Abrams tank and the newly added AT11 ATGM rocket used by the T-90?
This requires a 2 part answer....

Main gun reload timers based on rl reference data (baring in mind the fact that BF2 can't simulate a loader's stamina or the rotation of an autoloading system)

Abrams/Challenger : 6 seconds (manual loaders)

T62/72/90 & Type98 : 8 seconds (auto loaders)

Asymmetrical balance comes through with the ATGM's on the T-90 and Type-98

9M117/9 and equivalent damage vs MBT armour

Front : 2 = Destroyed

Side : 1 = On fire -> Destroyed

Back : 1 = Destroyed

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 02-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #64
MonkeySoldier

Is the Elcan sight on the MG3 (MEC) permanent? The choice for a Canadian optical sight seems a little bit odd to me. Wouldn't this sight be a good option?
high res link to MG3

One question that I have is regarding the BTR-80. How vulnerable are the top passengers on the BTR? Theoretically seen, one man with a MG could take all of them out, if lucky, right?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #65
[R-DEV]Chuc
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Chuc

Looks a little bulky don`t you think?

Personal Folio -
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 AM   #66
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
Wouldn't this sight be a good option?
high res link to MG3
The optic you linked to is incorporated into the tripod that the MG3 is mounted on: See here. When a weapon is mounted on a tripod, it becomes a crew-served weapon. The MG3 as used by the MEC is equipped with a bipod and is used in a Squad-Automatic Weapon role.

-REad
Old 02-05-2010, 02:32 AM   #67
Guybrush

Absolutely fantastic pictures. Does it get better than this ?
I'm running out of clean underwear.

Closed Thread

Tags
media, screenshots