project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #11
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Tank armor changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
dat tag #maketanksgreatagain, will be interting seeing that tanks now seem to need 3 hits from front to kill each other, but will this stat also change by vehicle firing and armour the recipient vehicle or is it just the same for all tanks but some have more hitpoints?
They always needed in theory. We did not change the damage of AP vs front armor. The reason why in reality it often takes less is skilled crews hitting weaker armored parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheintot887 View Post
Good to see that you're working on the damage model of tanks.

But it does not look infantry friendly. Please do not forget the fact that you cannot rely on perfect rounds. Play PR, take a look into the gameplay.

When a Anti-Tank Position cannot do well against tanks (because Clans in tanks (that means you have three tanks rolling up together, probably with UAV support) will kill a FoB with stationary AT positions) the game will get worst for infantry. Even some none clan PR players who will drive together will do that.

Example: FOB with Tow. Enemy tanks comming across, TOW hits a tank in the front - no effect (at least not enough to surive and defend that FOB). All tanks are engaging, enemy FOB+inf+TOW+AA down.

I don't see the problem with well armored tanks but at the moment they are to many maps with TO MANY tanks + cas + any vehicles you can imagine to actually implement a system like that. It will destroy the balance. It will!

I would prefer less tanks. One tank which has a special meaning to the team. It is importent not to lose that one. He can be effective. He can kill a lot - but he needs to be carefully. That tank crew need to communicate, need to cover the team etc.. otherwhise it will get shot.

PR has ended up in an asset spam and with that armor update (which is good in general) it will get worst for infantry. I don't want to predict the worst case scenario but in my opinion this is probably gonna happen. (90%)...

I've seen a lot of PR updates up to now (playing PR since almost 6-7 years, longer than I am registrated here).
I'm gonna repeat myself: nice that you have the necessary skills and the dedication to that mod, thank you for that... but think about what I've said about that new comming tank/anti tank system which you gonna implement into the game.
Yes, we are aware of impact on infantry vs tanks. As mentioned above, the second HAT might get returned to the game. We also will have to look at a lot of maps that are currently (more of less) balanced around ATGMs being good at killing tanks. Silent Eagle for example has tanks vs ATGM vehicles in start and i do not see that working out with these changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus3400 View Post
So if you hit the wheels(the rubber part) of the LAV / BTR, you do no damage at all? 0%? or what does the grey part indicate?
Grey part is just the rubber material and will deal same damage as before. Basically gray is same as green or violet on the left side.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 03-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #12
[R-CON]Chuva_RD
PR:BF2 Contributor

truly, german bias from german developer! Tandem RPG shot in the rear which can't kill a tank, this looks ridiculous
Old 03-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #13
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuva_RD View Post
truly, german bias from german developer! Tandem RPG shot in the rear which can't kill a tank, this looks ridiculous
Still deals more damage than now and you get 2 of them. We will see how it works out. After all we cannot have OpFor be better than BluFor. That would be ridiculous

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 03-14-2016, 12:31 PM   #14
crazygamelover

Lots of devblogs/highlights lately...could this mean something?!??1?
Old 03-14-2016, 12:35 PM   #15
Frank Jeager

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Sorry to all tank crews that had fun knifing and shooting the lights for the glass cracks
You ruined PR !!!

Are you going to implement ricochet effect of projectiles on armor ? (I think it has already been discussed in FH2 thread but I didn't find the posts)

Old 03-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #16
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygamelover View Post
Lots of devblogs/highlights lately...could this mean something?!??1?
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ert-level.html

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: that's like 5% holocaust there
Old 03-14-2016, 12:48 PM   #17
[R-CON]Chuva_RD
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Still deals more damage than now and you get 2 of them. We will see how it works out. After all we cannot have OpFor be better than BluFor. That would be ridiculous
not depending on blufor/opfor HATs which can't kill tank or make it burn is not normal

So in next patch panzerfaust will kill tank in rear however other HATs can't, so you make precedent? but for only germans, that how it looks. Give everyone ability to destroy tanks by rear shots with HAT, and this will be very nice
Last edited by [R-CON]Chuva_RD; 03-14-2016 at 12:56 PM..
Old 03-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #18
Acecombatzer0

Whats the new damage value of the MK153 SMAW vs MBT tanks?

EDIT: As well as the LAW

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Last edited by Acecombatzer0; 03-14-2016 at 01:35 PM..
Old 03-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #19
blayas

2 hats? We must remember that it would be valid for all maps, not just for those with tanks, would not be an undue hardship for apc's / ifv's?, who already have to deal with an endless lat's of spam that has become possible after one of the last updates? lat kit must again be limited as it was in the past, thus returned to possess some value and not just die / spawn with lat again.
It would also be interesting to check the damage against side armor of the chassis of the tanks, often a side penetration is many times more lethal than a rear penetration because the kinetic / chemical penetrator must traverse transmission, engine, radiator and to the internal partition between the fighting compartment, reducing their damage potential.

Something interesting would be to keep the asymmetrical balance between vehicles creating differentiated mesh between them, recognizing for example immune areas of a tank with extreme angles where a kinetic penetrator,ricochaes or extremely vulnerable areas to catastrophic explosions (weakspots) as magazines / carousel autoloader of t-72 / t-62, do not know if they can set different damage to different ammunition in material eg ERA block = less damage to chemical penetrators / traditional armor plate made without composite armor = damage for chemical penetrators its possible in refractor?

Hesh ammunition anyway need to be extremely lethal against vehicles with traditional no composite armor, like most apc's and ifv's in the game, causing his immediate destruction, as well as for all other lightly armored vehicles.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #20
Damian_

In my opinion top armor should be considered even weaker then rear and allow to do even more damage with LAT.
Closed Thread

Tags
#maketanksgreatagain, armor, tank