project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
02 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 05:42 AM   #131
Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]

Default Re: [Maps] The Tutorial/Tool List for PR Mapping, for beginners & up

I am trying to open editor but its says Directx 9.0c or higher needed but I have directx 11 and its up-to-date.

I have laptop:

Windows 7

Intel core i7-2630QM 2GHz-2.9GHz

6gb Ram

Nvidia GT550m

I change compability of bf2 too and now its work.(editor in xp compability mod while get message)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]; 10-05-2011 at 06:09 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #132
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

run in XP compatible mode...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #133
mattnett1
Banned

How do you put Project Reality Objects in? I can't find them. It isn't on the list.
mattnett1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #134
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

as per the OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Project Reality Mapping Specific Tutorials
1. Setting up the BF2 Editor for Project Reality Mapping/Modding
But also as per the OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
NOTE TO BEGINNERS: We strongly recommend beginners to start mapping in vBF2 even if you only plan on mapping for PR with a small, simple, 256x2 test map (click to view recommend settings for a first test map) just to get to grips with how BF2 and the BF2 Editor works. Diving strait into PR mapping will only get you really confused with maps crashing when only trying to test them ingame as the first load of tutorials do not tell you how to set your map up for PR. Once you have learnt the basics and got a simple, small test map done which you can run around on and has a few terrain features, statics, roads, perhaps some overgrowth and undergrowth too etc, then its time for you to look into PR mapping.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #135
mattnett1
Banned

I am not really new I have made some maps for vBF2 and the community liked em! But I have another question, When you are extracting the files are you opening them up?
mattnett1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #136
[R-DEV]AFsoccer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnett1 View Post
I am not really new I have made some maps for vBF2 and the community liked em! But I have another question, When you are extracting the files are you opening them up?
Just follow the tutorial. Right click on the zip and select "extract here".

[R-DEV]AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #137
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Got a little problem, when painting my map I tried to change the render mode because the super shiny white map was killing my eyes, so I changed from "Object Normal Mode" to "Object Color Mode", so the map was darker and it felt better to work on it with this render mode. But when I tried to continue painting I couldn't, even when changing back to the other render mode.

And there were big black squares where I worked before activating this render mode. Now all this work is lost, I can't find a way to get my painting back, and the minimap doesn't show it aswell now, while it was before this bug

EDIT : Started a new map, don't need the help, just hope that this won't happen again :/

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Last edited by Pvt.LHeureux; 10-30-2011 at 05:07 AM..
Old 04-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #138
[R-CON]rodrigoma
PR:BF2 Contributor

hey
i have extracted the Normandy objects to my pr_edit
and have copied the bf2_editor from the PR/readme folder to the main folder but i still cant see the vehicles in the object spawner
i can place them in the map however so they are extracted
what can i do?
thanks
[R-CON]rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #139
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno

tutorial on how to set up Insurgency mode please ^^

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #140
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

put down two main base flags, one for each team, make unchangeable, place down spawns for both teams, then for the insurgent/taliban etc team, place a load of ammo caches down as an object spawner, team locked to team 1 and the python code will do the rest. Look at another insurgency map's GPO.con for more tips.

Tags
beggingers, beginners, experienced, list, map, mappers, mapping, maps, start, tutorial, tutorial or tool, tuts