project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #41
illidur
Default Re: Light Vehicle Engine out after 50% damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
why would that cause more abandoned vehicles?
how often do logi trucks repair tanks/apcs let alone a tracked abandoned rover? it would be an interesting change and i wonder how it would effect gameplay. i mean the way i suggested it be done would mean that the vehicle would normally have been blown up, but instead is just not useable till repaired or fully destroyed.
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #42
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidur View Post
how often do logi trucks repair tanks/apcs let alone a tracked abandoned rover? it would be an interesting change and i wonder how it would effect gameplay. i mean the way i suggested it be done would mean that the vehicle would normally have been blown up, but instead is just not useable till repaired or fully destroyed.
it does get annoying when after you secure your perimeter and get to your ride back it blows up because no one is inside it. making you walk a long distance
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #43
Commando_Jenkins

Just make it become disabled when its black smoking, that means critically damaged. This will stop the vehicle from being disabled when having collisions rather than being shot at.
Commando_Jenkins is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #44
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

I think they should bring back the old repair truck and let people do the repairing.

specific teams would actually setup to go out and help tank, then RTB for supplies...

>_> it would lead to people actually REPAIRING stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #45
Viper.Sw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando_Jenkins View Post
Just make it become disabled when its black smoking, that means critically damaged. This will stop the vehicle from being disabled when having collisions rather than being shot at.
When a vehicle is smoking black it is usually only a few rifle shots away from blowing up... I do not see the point of your suggestion.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #46
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper.Sw View Post
When a vehicle is smoking black it is usually only a few rifle shots away from blowing up... I do not see the point of your suggestion.
increase health and its good to go?

you can shoot a vehicle multiple of times and have it still drivable

of course it depends where you shoot which BF2 cant do

I propose a compromise where vehicles have a little bit more health than normal to prevent sudden explosions and give you more time to get out

sounds good?
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #47
Viper.Sw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
increase health and its good to go?

you can shoot a vehicle multiple of times and have it still drivable

of course it depends where you shoot which BF2 cant do

I propose a compromise where vehicles have a little bit more health than normal to prevent sudden explosions and give you more time to get out

sounds good?
The actual percentage of when the car should be disabled is obviously a matter of discussion. I just put 50% out there because I think that a car with 50% of its parts damaged would not be functional. Also some kind of indication like the smoke could be nice, but at the same time; if the car can't drive, isn't that an indication good enough?

Yes increasing the health by like 10-20% could be nice, but really, it is a LIGHT vehicle and should not be able to take that insane amounts of damage.

When it comes to the Military version of light vehicles, eg. Humvee I do not know if the armored or regular versions are used in PR. It looks like the unarmored versions, but I don't know. The crow however should definately be armored.

Last edited by Viper.Sw; 04-19-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Old 04-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #48
drs79
Supporting Member

I do like the idea of when a vehicle has black smoke it is not drivable, though I think this would have to be disabled for the insurgent side - I don't see them having the option of having 5 ton logi trucks with repair kits.

If it's a hummvw, landy, chinese and mec equivalent I do still feel that the .50 call gun should remain active with full 360 degree capability. - just because the engine doesn't work doesn't mean the machine gun can't as well.

NYR
NYS EMT-B - Working in Yonkers NY which is a mix of Camden and Baltimore
TMFD Volunteer Firefighter
New York State Certified Hazardous Materials Technician

[/CENTER]
drs79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #49
ryan d ale

This thread is really interesting

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #50
Neighbor Kid

hmm it doesnt seem like the armored hummers in game.... i think they go down to easy they can take a beating..
OT- i heard somewhere the actually armored hummer model is coming around at some point is this true?
Neighbor Kid is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
50%, damage, engine, light, vehicle