project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #91
BenHamish

Default Re: Suggestions to improve Insurgency.

That's very true Operator.. It did occur to me that the Civvy kit would only really work if there were lots of bots being civvy, so the Human player was indistinguishable (until he started aiding the insurgency).

I played Ramiel the other day, and there was a cache being bitterly (and successfully) defended from Blufor. There were a fair few civvies (logic being, spawn civvy and then pick up a kit on the cache) using such tactics as standing on technicals.

There are two ways of looking at it:

1 - That was ridiculous. Why should a Blufor player be [slightly] punished for gunning down a load of civvys playing 'shield' to a technical.

2 - It was ridiculous for Blufor to be using Kiwas and strykers to put down heavy, indescriminate fire onto an urban situation.

I did feel for the guy piloting the Kiowa, who was getting very frustrated (global chat..). That said, however, Are Hydras suitable for use in a built-up area..?

With regards to the infantry tactics, the fact that a civvy can just pick up a Ins kit when his mate dies must have made attacking the cache even harder (but possibly more 'realistic'?). Blufor really did spend a long time attacking this cache, and I wonder if it was actually possible for them to capture it. (They resorted to a black-hawk dropping C4 as is tradition, but it got shot down ... 'Failhawk').

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:06 AM   #92
HMARS

Perhaps collaborators might lose their protection if they stand in close proximity to armed ins for some length of time? Just a thought.
HMARS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #93
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Quote:
Perhaps collaborators might lose their protection if they stand in close proximity to armed ins for some length of time? Just a thought.
Yes, it would be logical if a normal human beeing (civy) would run for his life in a gunfight situation. So yeah, a guy without a gun (possible civy) standing next to a bunch of insurgents who are firing at blufor positions by my books would count as insurgent. Don't know what are the ROE in this situation tho.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #94
Dv83r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMARS View Post
That's a pretty good idea. Hmm, possibly have it set to when a Collaborator is within 10 meters of an armed Insurgent, he/she goes out of the ROE.

- NATO Charlie - 9 Army Air Corps - NCO
Dv83r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #95
Operator009

I just finished a round on the 24/7 Kokan servers and it occured to me that hydras rape caches. It takes 21 hydras to the building the cache is in the destroy it. How do you find the BUILDING? Well, its a 30m radius from the intel mark, so yeah, its ON the mark. Is hydra damage to caches going to be fixed or what? Cause the same kiowa killed 6/7 caches by itself.
Operator009 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #96
Dv83r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator009 View Post
I just finished a round on the 24/7 Kokan servers and it occured to me that hydras rape caches. It takes 21 hydras to the building the cache is in the destroy it. How do you find the BUILDING? Well, its a 30m radius from the intel mark, so yeah, its ON the mark. Is hydra damage to caches going to be fixed or what? Cause the same kiowa killed 6/7 caches by itself.
Shouldn't this be in the Feedback section?

- NATO Charlie - 9 Army Air Corps - NCO
Dv83r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #97
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dv83r View Post
Shouldn't this be in the Feedback section?
Indeeed.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #98
Lange

Send a message via AIM to Lange Send a message via MSN to Lange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dv83r View Post
That's a pretty good idea. Hmm, possibly have it set to when a Collaborator is within 10 meters of an armed Insurgent, he/she goes out of the ROE.
I really like that idea because one of the main problems now is that civis are used for no more than dicking around or exploit and that would instantly remove a lot of it, It may be possible to code too. Would be nice for dev comment?

Also I really like a lot of your suggestions in the beginning, and looking at the main problem with civilians again, exploitation unable to be 100M from a cache will help this too will likely not make tanks and accidently kill civilians, as ins targets with many hold up in buildings that are near caches, so these too ideas are on to something to virtually eliminate this problem, make civi shields hard or impossible.

The civi should not be removed from PR because it impliments another level of strategy not seen in the game and someday when done in a more polished way will make people think more before shooting. And has many have pointed out current penalties can either work harshly or not at all due to how broken the civi system is. Mostly the penalty means nothing but we should make it where civis can't exploit gameplay so the penalties can be harsher where in most cases the civilian will have to be plain as day and seperated from all other threats so shooting at him would be for little reason or threat to you and should have punishments like you described.

On a seperate note I agree with limiting ins abilities to destroy vehicles with sappers, and im actually working on a idea to limit ins in other ways but also limit the bluefor as well with less tickets and harsher penalties for death. so shooting a civi and having ticket loss and such could play into this as well as a general idea.

When reworked I think the civi should be able to place markers and be a "informant" or even renamed to be called as such, possibly take away the medic role and give that to another kit if you go as far with the "not being within 10M" idea.

Another good idea maybe would be to have a civilian kit that is not a collaborator rather just unarmed with nothing to simulate even though in small numbers normal civilians, with no other role.

Lastly Absolutely remove rocks from current civi as it tends to just piss off coalition players due to harassment and rocks can actually kill at times.

Let me know what you think of these ideas.
Last edited by Lange; 01-09-2011 at 02:36 AM..
Old 01-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #99
Firepower01

The only thing I think needs to be changed about the ROE is civilians being killed by mortars. I've seen them run into mortar strikes to cause negative points to the enemy.
Firepower01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #100
Lange

Send a message via AIM to Lange Send a message via MSN to Lange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower01 View Post
The only thing I think needs to be changed about the ROE is civilians being killed by mortars. I've seen them run into mortar strikes to cause negative points to the enemy.
Agreed, also I forgot to include that in my list, I think the amount of infinite mortars right now is rediculous for one thing, and maybe if its possible to code can't be within 100M of a cache idea is implimented that would reduce the unfairness, and mostly out of your control civis killed by mortars. Maybe just make no punishment for that because civis should not operate in a zone where your team is at anyway that could be mortared, on this im not sure though.

I think less mortared being fired may be a compromise both ways with that, if you fire less then its less likely youll kill a civi or a civi can run into them.
Lange is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
improve, insurgency, suggestions