project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Commando_Jenkins
Default GLTD Thermal Option

I checked the 'Already Suggested Suggestions' thread, and found nothing related to this idea.

I'm suggesting, adding a Thermal Optic Option to the GLTD for Squad Leaders, and Snipers, to help identify targets much easier. Possibly when looking into the GLTD, holding 'T' and right clicking on Day/Thermal would switch between normal optics, and thermal optics. This would benefit SL's and Snipers much more efficiently in spotting targets, and making sure they're either friend or foe, and not some bush in the desert.

I've done some research on if GLTD's actually have thermal optics, and there are some different models of GLTD's not related to In-Game, that do actually use the FLIR system.

GLTD III (Ground Laser Target Designator III)
Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB
Default Re: GLTD Thermal Option

I might be blind or tired, but where in your link it says GLTD has a FLIR?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
hobbnob

Danke you're right, nothing in there says it has flir capabilities, did you even read your source before you posted this here?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Aljen

He has probably just been mistaken by the word "athermal" which doesn't mean that the device has FLIR, but that the laser doesn't produce the waste heat.

Athermal laser definition

PS: this is my first post after 3 years of not gaming and not reading the forum

Truth needs no law to enforce it
Evolution: The realization by the organism that those things inside the white lab coats are pretty damned tasty!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Thermis
PR:BF2 Developer

I dont think any of the hand sized GLTDs have a FLIR system integrated into them.

Went and had a look through some stuff, I can find not reference of any GLTD system that has FLIR capability, most had a day/night capability, and some of the vehicle mounted systems have a FLIR component, but not contained within the GLTD package.

I'm locking this until you can provide a source that says there are combat units on the ground right now that have a hand held GLTD with thermal optics.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Thermis; 12-16-2010 at 01:02 PM..
Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Thermis View Post
I dont think any of the hand sized GLTDs have a FLIR system integrated into them. The vehicle mounted ones have FLIR though.
I found some(SeeSpot 3 ie), but they are very low-res, with narrow fov and look nowhere like what we have in game.

Locking this, due to lack of source. Also it was discussed in the FLIR development cycle and was refused, now i remember it, so no cookies for ya

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Closed Thread

Tags
gltd, option, thermal