project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
Lugi
Default Re: Dynamic Objects

!?
Why would anybody do a 128 players layer when max amount is 64?
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
Kain888
Supporting Member

To have more layers available for single map?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #13
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The original idea for BF2 was to support 128 players if I'm correct. As far as I know, it's partially built-in as well. So yes, the 128 layer exists, but that's about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
Zoddom

what afterdune wanted to say is:
the "128 palyers layer" is just the name of the fourth map layer. nothing more

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #15
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

No, I wanted to say what I posted.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #16
Zoddom

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
No, I wanted to say what I posted.
i think so

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
Alpha Project Goal Features - Mod DB

It means that the mod will try to support up to 128 players.

Captain obvious to the rescue!
no it really doesn't.. BF2 can't even run a 128 player layer, even if you try to force it to run a 128 layer it will run the 64 layer, let alone getting BF2 to support 128 players

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #18
DenvH

Did anyone else spotted the weapon sway on the 3D scope??.. Just something that I spotted in the video they uploaded (Videos & Audio - Alpha Project Mod for Battlefield 2 - Mod DB).

As for the Dynamic objects, what would they add, other than more fps drops and problems? I mean, I totally love shooting buildings/everything in Bad Company 2 but it's something the BF2 engine wasn't designed for, also remember that BF2 came out in June 2005..

DenvH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666 Send a message via Skype™ to dunem666

i played 128 player ranked on multiplay from day of bf2 release quite a lot, then the first 1.12 patch screwed it up and it was removed.

if only it could be fixed as most map init's are still setup for 128 layer

Dun3m
UK Warfare Server Administrator

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvH View Post
Did anyone else spotted the weapon sway on the 3D scope??.. Just something that I spotted in the video they uploaded (Videos & Audio - Alpha Project Mod for Battlefield 2 - Mod DB).
its fake sway, the bullets still come out of the centre of the screen even thou the crosshair is swaying about and not pointing at the centre of the screen, which just makes it much harder to shoot stuff than deviation.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamic, objects