project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
Jorgee!

Jorgee!'s Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Jorgee! Send a message via Skype™ to Jorgee!
Default Fake Intel

The INS / TALIBAN commander ability to deploy a BLUE CACHE MARKER (in the map screen) as FAKE INTEL that both teams will see.

It would be available every 45 minutes with a duration in map of 15 min.

Jorgee! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
dtacs
Supporting Member

dtacs's Avatar
Default Re: Fake Intel

The search which took me 16 seconds:
Project Reality Forums - Search Results

The threads I found on the topic:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...-mode-add.html
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...lse-intel.html

Thermis deemed it a resuggestion, which it is.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Smegburt_funkledink

Smegburt_funkledink's Avatar
Default Re: Fake Intel

Not a bad idea but may become obvious to the Bluefor within a short time. What if fake intel points were gained by killing people outside of ROE?

o noes RESUGGESTION!

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Fake Intel

If this suggestion is going to work its going to need a little more than that tbh. Please try and cover all the angles and think of it also from a realistic perspective, an idea like this needs a lot more thought being put into it....

You need to really put a lot of thought into a new gameplay mechainc before even posting aobut it and when you post about it, try and cover all the possible angles of how its going to work.
Just look at my "Refined Idea and Plan" bit of the Close Support Bridges (CSBs) that I posted in my blog but was the initial post on the CSBs I made about how I saw it working etc ingame to give you an idea of how much thought really needs to go into these type of suggestions: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f389...ml#post1365085
That is the kinda thing I would like to see from more public suggestions...

Also I'm sure this idea has been talked about before?
EDIT: double ninja

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 11-27-2010 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
killonsight95
Supporting Member

killonsight95's Avatar
Default Re: Fake Intel

tbh i search and didn't get the same results as dtacs...
the search function seem broken slightly?

Also if we were going to add to this, how about the fake intel could be gathered everytime a civi get martyred? that'd put more teamwork into the idea and get more people using civi, a Fake cache could also spawn a hideout at the location fully built. That way the insurgents could choose to defend a pretend cache or the real one. Also it'd be nice that once intel has been gathered to unlock the next cache the fake one dissappears as well.

To even this out for the blufor i think 100 more tickets should be added to the ticket counter and/or they get given more intel for arresting someone.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Fake Intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
Also if we were going to add to this, how about the fake intel could be gathered everytime a civi get martyred? that'd put more teamwork into the idea and get more people using civi
You mean shot right? ye could be an idea, the commander basically has a counter of how many civies and other stuff need to get shot or w/e before he has enough "points" in order to deploy fake intel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
a Fake cache could also spawn a hideout at the location fully built. That way the insurgents could choose to defend a pretend cache or the real one.
Then it wouldn't exactly be fake inlet, it would more be slightly misleading inlet since something would be there which is of value to the ins, just not a cache?


Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
Also it'd be nice that once intel has been gathered to unlock the next cache the fake one dissappears as well.
IMO, the fake intel should go once the bluefore have been in the radius of the fake intel for a certian amount of time or something, so they have "searched the area toughly" before deciding there is no cache there and its fake, or if they arrest enough civies or as well?

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
killonsight95
Supporting Member

killonsight95's Avatar
Default Re: Fake Intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post



IMO, the fake intel should go once the bluefore have been in the radius of the fake intel for a certian amount of time or something, so they have "searched the area toughly" before deciding there is no cache there and its fake, or if they arrest enough civies or as well?
hmmm or if they gather enough intel to unlock the next cache insted of the next one showing the fake one dissappears?

of course the Blufor might need a feew moret ickets to make up for attacking/searching a useless area/area's

maybe the insurgents should get tickets reduced if 40 are killed its like one cache dying. Because IRL a insurgent force doesn't have unlimted men and i dought the men would really keep on rushing a point etc. if they kept dying.
of course civi deaths wouldn't count.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
Jorgee!

Jorgee!'s Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Jorgee! Send a message via Skype™ to Jorgee!
Default Re: Fake Intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
hmmm or if they gather enough intel to unlock the next cache insted of the next one showing the fake one dissappears?

of course the Blufor might need a feew moret ickets to make up for attacking/searching a useless area/area's

maybe the insurgents should get tickets reduced if 40 are killed its like one cache dying. Because IRL a insurgent force doesn't have unlimted men and i dought the men would really keep on rushing a point etc. if they kept dying.
of course civi deaths wouldn't count.

In an occupied city almost all or good part of the citizens become insurgents...

This shouldnt be so difficult for the dev team, we can make it last 15 minutes and thats all... cause you will have to code a lot otherway...

But if you still want it more realistic, lets say that mark dissapear after 10 blufor are in a radius of 80 mts from the fake marker

Jorgee! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Fake Intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionGames View Post
In an occupied city almost all or good part of the citizens become insurgents...
source? I really can't see every 2nd shop keeper becoming an insurgent myself.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #10
maarit
Supporting Member

maarit's Avatar
Default Re: Fake Intel

i made similar suggestion some time a go but it was binded to that when blurof forces "accidentally" kills civis.
so its like the people of that country start to spread lies when civilian casualties are done.
it would bring deepness to the insurgency mode.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
fake, intel
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.