project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #21
ComradeHX

Default Re: Does everything really have to exploded on vehicals

I would spawn a fire on the wreck so people do not take cover behind destroyed vehicles (seriously would anyone do this IRL? That destroyed tank/apc/whatever still has unspent ammunition inside or something that will have a chance of blowing up).

Then keep the explosion to simulate oil tank/ammunition reserve exploding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #22
Swado95

Ok in real life most of the time when you shoot a car its not going to blow up, its going to stop working. Its not like the movies where you shoot it with a gun a few times and it explodes. Even for a tank unless its an armore peircing round not much is going to happen (mabey the crew will die because of the pressure but the tank isnt just going to exploded. What im trying to do is simulate someone being able to get out and run off after hitting somehting or there car getting hit.
Swado95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #23
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swado95 View Post
Ok in real life most of the time when you shoot a car its not going to blow up, its going to stop working. Its not like the movies where you shoot it with a gun a few times and it explodes. Even for a tank unless its an armore peircing round not much is going to happen (mabey the crew will die because of the pressure but the tank isnt just going to exploded. What im trying to do is simulate someone being able to get out and run off after hitting somehting or there car getting hit.
I think 99% of the community here is aware of this, its just how the game handles such stuff and can in many ways not be changed, because if there is to many such objects on the map the server will start lag and possibly also kick everybody out.

As Rhino have stated most other ways getting rid of wrecks looks retarded.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
Swado95

Im not saying keep the model there the whole time. Basically lower the rate at which it burns, and have something so it stops you from driving (like a warning sign) so you can get out with out it just blowing up on you. Then if you dont repair it it just blows up and disappears just like it is now.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #25
Xavo|xXx

I guess you're thinking along the same lines as the GTA IV system? Where the car starts spluttering and eventually dies on you, then if you take more serious damage it slowly catches fire and explodes eventually?
Xavo|xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #26
Wh33lman

Quote:
Im not saying keep the model there the whole time. Basically lower the rate at which it burns, and have something so it stops you from driving (like a warning sign) so you can get out with out it just blowing up on you. Then if you dont repair it it just blows up and disappears just like it is now.
so basicly, to want to disable the vehicle? ive broken axels, or "tracked", technicals before(.8?) but its never happened with a humvee.(although i belive i managed it in a BDRM one night)

but i kinda see what your getting at. it sucks when you get out of your humvee, start useing the hood as cover, and then take enough rounds to set it on fire. if you dont die in the explosion, you cant keep useing it as cover for long. as you continue taking fire, the wreak is going to be destroyed and now your in the middle of a street with no cover.

Check out my Youtube channel!

Wh33lman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #27
Swado95

Not just the cover, but the part when your driving and your car gets shot and you dont have time to get out or when you do get out you just die of the explosion. Mean bullets shouldnt make you car explode, they should disable it. Then to keep it from sitting there forever it lights on fire after a long time and blows up.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #28
Himalde

Is anyone working on this, or isn't it prioritized/forgotten?

RealityTeamwork
Himalde is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #29
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalde View Post
Is anyone working on this, or isn't it prioritized/forgotten?
Good bump, I have thought about the same thing before, but with air vehicles. It would be nice to see more jets/helis flying down to the ground before they blow up. An AA missile should always disable a jet (not blow it up), unless several are spammed. If the pilot loses control of his jet, but is still alive, he can jump out as well. And when the vehicle hits the ground, if it has been flying down for the right amount of height, it will transition to a wreck and stay there for a while.

How possible this is to change, I do not know. But it should be on some kind of list, as it could be a very good change.
PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #30
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Quote:
Not just the cover, but the part when your driving and your car gets shot and you dont have time to get out or when you do get out you just die of the explosion. Mean bullets shouldnt make you car explode, they should disable it. Then to keep it from sitting there forever it lights on fire after a long time and blows up.
I quoted the suggestion. But yeah what PoisonBill said could be really nice

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
exploded, vehicals